It'sssssss TIME!!! Carolina Panthers Training Camp Theard

ShowtimeSanders

It's been pretty dry over here but that is to be expected since much hasn't happened besides Cam workout videos on Instagram. But it is time to for Training Camp, So let's use this thread of any news or position battles going on. What position battle or player you are most looking forward to?

For me I'm looking at which speedster stands out at WR and also the development of Cam having a full offseason healthy finally. I'm nervous about our CB2 and Safety competition because I believe those are our weakest spots on the team still.

Just FYI there was a preseason game yesterday. observations- def looked terrible. little pass rush, poor tackling, blown coverages, Seymour should not make the roster as he was burnt toast from the first play. the D made both McCarron and Peterman look like brady and made the RB murphy look like faulk. I expect some hard practices for the D in the coming week.

O looked better, cam was solid but sailed a couple throws as usual. mccaffrey looked good, I thought norv was making things up with how much they were going to use him but if this game is any indication he will be used a lot. the rookie TE Thomas got a lot of play and already looks solid but a bit raw. moore looks good and gilbert looks like an accurate back up qb. might have something if he continues to progress.

also the bills announcers suck.

Since this forum has absolutely died I will just continue talking to myself. 2nd preseason game. def looks a little worrisome. gave up a lot of easy yards. not much of a pass rush with 1st stringers. but stopped them in the redzone for fgs. bend but don't break. cam was erratic. threw an int, took two sacks, but still had the td as well.

cmac looks great. I still don't see him as a bell cow guy. I see 12-15 carries and maybe 5-8 catches a game. but he is a weapon. I can see Anderson being the game finisher if we get a lead and need to close it out with hard runs. ian Thomas looks legit. still raw but if he blocks he can be a complete TE.

OL was really bad. Mat Kalil got completely owned and Taylor Motion was pretty obviously out of his depth.

Receivers looked surprisingly a lot more solid than they do on paper. I'm really happy to see Curtis Samuel at 100% again. The defense is still the soul of this team, though.

I like what I am seeing from our Recievers. I think we have a good blend of size(Funchess, Olsen, Ian) and speed(Torrey, Byrd, Samuels,CMac,Wright). I thought the run blocking was solid but the pass blocking was TRASH. Cam looked better this game just had 1 bad read which will always come with Cam. Our defense I’m worried about. I’m so tired of seeing our Corners 10 yards back, Rivera said it’s because there was no gameplay but I’ve seen this during the regular season too. Safety is a need and I think a BIG need. I wish we would sign Eric Reid but we are not the team to make that kind of move.

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:58 AM, Dingo18287 said:

Matt Khalil had his knee scoped and is considered week to week. He sucks, but it’s not a good sign when 3 or your 5 original starting OL are hurt. 

Yeah, a week 1 starting OL with Moton - Mahon/Van Roten - Kalil - Turner - Sirles is pretty scary to imagine

It's just the preseason, but the offensive play-designs already look much, much better than years past.  Newton finished with ~68% of his passes completed, which can be credited to the offense no longer being reliant on boom-or-bust throws.  I've said for years that while Cam's accuracy isn't perfect, and he certainly has his issues with consistency, he's better than the career ~58% (just a guess) he's hovered around.

CMC is going to have a monster season.  He's been heavily involved on every possession.  Barring injury, I'd be surprised if he didn't break 1200 YFS.  We haven't had an offensive player due that since Smith in 2012 (1201) and no RB has done it since Williams and Stewart in 2009 (!!).  Even 1200 might be too low; he had over 1000 last year in a limited role.  

Archived