It'sssssss TIME!!! Carolina Panthers Training Camp Theard

ShowtimeSanders

5 hours ago, iknowcool said:

he's better than the career ~58% (just a guess) he's hovered around

His career % is 58.5, so good guess. And I'd agree, while he'll never be up around Rodgers/Brady numbers (65/64, respectively) he should be able to break 60.

23 hours ago, iknowcool said:

It's just the preseason, but the offensive play-designs already look much, much better than years past.  Newton finished with ~68% of his passes completed, which can be credited to the offense no longer being reliant on boom-or-bust throws.  I've said for years that while Cam's accuracy isn't perfect, and he certainly has his issues with consistency, he's better than the career ~58% (just a guess) he's hovered around.

CMC is going to have a monster season.  He's been heavily involved on every possession.  Barring injury, I'd be surprised if he didn't break 1200 YFS.  We haven't had an offensive player due that since Smith in 2012 (1201) and no RB has done it since Williams and Stewart in 2009 (!!).  Even 1200 might be too low; he had over 1000 last year in a limited role.  

Agree completely. If he avoids any major injuries, I think 1200 is definitely within reach. This season we will see if he can truly run between the tackles and hold up. I just hope the offensive line doesn't get too decimated to the point where he doesn't get any opportunities to showcase his cutting ability because he's getting 2 yards behind the line.

Really excited to see how Samuel and Moore fit into the offense. They seem to be battling for the #3 WR with a edge to Samuel. With these two healthy, our offense becomes even more explosive!

QB Kyle Allen, DE Kiante Anderson, WR Rasheed Bailey, DE Sterling Bailey, RB Kenjon Barner, TE Evan Baylis, OT Adam Bisnowaty, RB Reggie Bonnafon, LB Richie Brown, CB Alex Carter, OT Blaine Clausell, S Demetrious Cox, CB Lorenzo Doss, WR Austin Duke, G Quinterrius Eatmon, WR Mose Frazier, LB Chris Frey, C Kyle Friend, QB Garrett Gilbert, CB LaDarius Gunter, DE Daeshon Hall, G Taylor Hearn, WR Bug Howard, G Dorian Johnson, WR Jamaal Jones, CB Cole Luke, DE Zach Moore, DT Kendrick Norton, G Norman Price, TE Jason Reese, DE Ryan Russell, TE Cam Serigne, S Dezmen Southward, DT Tracy Sprinkle, TE Jason Vander Laan

Our cuts per this link

Taylor Heinicke as the backup QB. Most surprising cuts at first glance are Daeshon Hall and Blaine Clausell. Thought Dorian Johnson could've made the roster too but I guess we prefer the backup centers (Larsen/Van Roten).

Efe Obada sacked Brock Osweiler a couple times. Not sure he'll actually dress all that often though. Bryan Cox Jr. was on the 53 for half the season last year and Wes Horton is an obvious play each Sunday. He'll also have to combat with Marquis Haynes. We kept ten DL which is kinda nuts.

Looks like both Darryl and Aminu is back practicing this week which is pretty amazing. Idk if either one of them will start. I can see the team being cautious and holding them out an extra week and starting Robinson this week.

Can't wait until Sunday!!!! LETSSS GOOO

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:24 PM, James said:

QB Kyle Allen, DE Kiante Anderson, WR Rasheed Bailey, DE Sterling Bailey, RB Kenjon Barner, TE Evan Baylis, OT Adam Bisnowaty, RB Reggie Bonnafon, LB Richie Brown, CB Alex Carter, OT Blaine Clausell, S Demetrious Cox, CB Lorenzo Doss, WR Austin Duke, G Quinterrius Eatmon, WR Mose Frazier, LB Chris Frey, C Kyle Friend, QB Garrett Gilbert, CB LaDarius Gunter, DE Daeshon Hall, G Taylor Hearn, WR Bug Howard, G Dorian Johnson, WR Jamaal Jones, CB Cole Luke, DE Zach Moore, DT Kendrick Norton, G Norman Price, TE Jason Reese, DE Ryan Russell, TE Cam Serigne, S Dezmen Southward, DT Tracy Sprinkle, TE Jason Vander Laan

Our cuts per this link

Taylor Heinicke as the backup QB. Most surprising cuts at first glance are Daeshon Hall and Blaine Clausell. Thought Dorian Johnson could've made the roster too but I guess we prefer the backup centers (Larsen/Van Roten).

Hall cleared waivers and no one picked him up including the Panthers. Goes to show you how bad that pick was

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2018 at 1:47 AM, Franck8666 said:

I hope we draft/sign OL for 2019 offseason. It's depressing seeing injury tracking toll on one of our weakness...

We should definitely still draft/invest in OL, but IMO they have been one of the positives this season.  It helps that Cam is making quicker decisions and Norv has been A+, but they’ve been great.  The Cowboys game was their only meh outing, which is understandable given it was the first game and Amini had to come in

Archived