Training Camp

Rockice_8

Figured we could start a TC thread now that we are officially underway today.  Keep the discussions here unless a separate thread is needed.

First order of business getting Darnold here.

Battles looking forward to:
QB
CB
WR
DL
RB

Lots of depth at those areas which should make for a competitive camp. 

Go Jets!!!

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think LB will be a great battle

We really need to play the best at LB no matter what age they are. If Minter is better than Lee so be it. 

I like Minter but if he beats out Lee I would be very disappointed as Lee is supposed to be calling the plays this year. 

I have a feeling that between Leo,Adams,Lee & Maye we will have a crazy talented young core moving forward. Those four will be lit this year. 

I best wake up to Darnold signed though...how hasn’t this been done already?! 

5 hours ago, ekill08x said:

What CB battle? Tru and Mo, Skrine in the slot. Hardly a battle. TE on the other hand is a battle for a starting spot. 

Still have young guys competing for the #2 spot. Mo is on a short deal and can't stay healthy. Skrine isn't even a roster lock to stay if Nickerson can show he can play the nickel. I think Clark, Jones, and Nickerson will make things interesting this year. If health isn't an issue, I'm predicting Clark to challenge Mo for his job. 

Lee is calling signals this year. Unless he’s vastly outplayed no one is taking his spot. This is a Big year for him I think he takes the jump I’ve been expecting. His production has increased every year of his career so far. He’s just got to be more consistent in coverage.

15 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Also Sam ain’t starting now most likely. Got a feeling this will drag. 

What’s the point of having a franchise QB if you’re going to do this?

What makes you think this will drag?  I bet in the 11th hour this ends and he doesn't miss any time.

Archived