Training Camp

Rockice_8

Darnold had a good day by all accounts.  No picks that I heard of and multiple nice pass throughout the day.  Lit up the redzone portion of practice to end the day with two beautiful TD passes according to reports.  Sounds like he is getting more comfortable #progress.  Can't wait for the Green and White scrimmage.

Nickerson grabbed his leg today but we seen getting it rubbed down and jogging on the sideline.  Doesn't appear to be anything too bad which is good to hear.

29 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I know we are only a week into training camp, but has any one on the roster stood out ?

According to this article, CBS Clark and Nickerson, RB Cannon and WR Mc Bride. I had also seen some tweets saying Clark and Nickerson were standing out, as well as Williams (hopefully not because our OL in bad).

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/01/jets-training-camp-standouts-week-1/

6 hours ago, Rich51 said:

According to this article, CBS Clark and Nickerson, RB Cannon and WR Mc Bride. I had also seen some tweets saying Clark and Nickerson were standing out, as well as Williams (hopefully not because our OL in bad).

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/01/jets-training-camp-standouts-week-1/

Jones not Clark has been the one who has looked good.

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Jones not Clark has been the one who has looked good.

Oops I actually know it was Jones. He’s the one in the article but I just mistakenly wrote Clark. Until I see them play I probably keep getting them mixed up.lol

5 hours ago, Rich51 said:

Oops I actually know it was Jones. He’s the one in the article but I just mistakenly wrote Clark. Until I see them play I probably keep getting them mixed up.lol

I knew who you meant I was just clarifying for others. Really it’s Jones who I’m pretty excited about. We possibly need a starting CB on the outside after this season (Claiborne on a 1yr deal). He has the size and athleticism to play. It was just him having to learn the position (moved from WR). It seems he’s grasping it. And he should only get better. He and Nickerson I think will be steals.

41 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I knew who you meant I was just clarifying for others. Really it’s Jones who I’m pretty excited about. We possibly need a starting CB on the outside after this season (Claiborne on a 1yr deal). He has the size and athleticism to play. It was just him having to learn the position (moved from WR). It seems he’s grasping it. And he should only get better. He and Nickerson I think will be steals.

If Jones and Nickerson can step up to take the number 2 and 3 corner spots that will be big. Secures us having a really good secondary for some time.

The TE’s seem to have played well also. I’m expecting an upgrade from what ASJ provided last year. 

Really the only issues on this team are at edge and OL. But we’ve known this for some time. 

On 8/5/2018 at 7:49 AM, Dr.O said:

Sammy boy apparently looked good at the scrimmage yesterday 

He was alright - had some good throws but also had one of his college defining fumbles with the ball at his hip. But he's not afraid to look down the field and fit the ball in some tight spots (not sure if they'd be complete in real NFL games though). I'm excited to see his first preseason game but I'm not holding my breath.

Other takeaways though: Hanson really does look good out there, Trenton Cannon doesn't just run fast (like really really fast) but runs hard, and Darron Lee's coverage doesn't look to be improved.

On 8/5/2018 at 9:59 AM, Bobby816 said:

Don't forget Herndon and Cannon.  Herndon has looked like a well rounded TE.  If he can shake off his DUI and move past that then we may have ourselves a future at the position.  Cannon has lived up to his name.  Everything you hear is how he looks like he has been shot out of a Cannon when he hits the edge.  Hope he wins the KR/PR job and we can keep him as the 4th RB.

Between Jones, Nickerson, Herndon, and Cannon Mac might have finally hit on a few mid/late round picks.  Time to see if it carries over to the preseason.  

Add to the fact that Shepard looks to be way ahead of his learning curve and Mac may have killed this draft.  Obviously Darnold will always be the measuring stick though.  

Sometimes it takes GM's a few cracks to get comfortable drafting and if he did kill this draft as we all hope let hope it carries over to future drafts.  

Most impressive throw I’ve seen from Darnold all camp. Talk about maturation & read progression. Rookies don’t do this: Took snap & looked at Hansen on quick slant. Covered. Looked middle to TE. Covered. Looked all way right ... found Cannon wide open in flat. Touchdown #Jets

Archived