Training Camp

Rockice_8

10 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Question:

Do the Jets plan on keeping 3 quarterbacks?

I could see them carrying 3 just to hold onto Bridgewater and then wait for an inevitable QB injury to trade him. We don't have a 2nd rounder so recouping one could be a priority.  

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Yes unless Teddy is traded.  I could see them having Pryor as the emergency 3rd string QB on game days and go with two QB's only.  

I think your point about the Jets offensive going as far as the O line will take them is exactly correct, this is not the 2009 Jet O line that carried us to the playoffs. And with our TE will have Quantity not Quality. Probably the worst group of TE's in the NFL. None of them has proved anything yet. I hear the same thing every year when it comes to TE's , the coaches are high on this guy or that guy, and they give us very little.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Yes unless Teddy is traded.  I could see them having Pryor as the emergency 3rd string QB on game days and go with two QB's only.  

This is a very solid point that I haven’t really thought about. That if we do trade Teddy that we could use Pryor at QB in an emergency situation as a 3rd guy. The long term issue regardless of we trade Teddy or not is that we only have Darnold signed post this season. So this will need to be addressed in the offseason. I’d actually be ok with resigning McCown again but at like 4mill not 10mill.

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Sounds like the Redskins dominated our defense today. There can be no more excuses for an underperforming defense this year.

Yes there can. We still have no one to get pressure on the QB. It doesn’t make a difference how good your secondary is if the QB has all day to throw.

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes there can. We still have no one to get pressure on the QB. It doesn’t make a difference how good your secondary is if the QB has all day to throw.

Yeah, both the O line & the pass rush are our big needs now. Most of us I am sure feel the same way, but it is going to take another year to put all the pieces together. With next years draft picks & all that money we have for the FA period next year we should be OK.

14 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Yeah, both the O line & the pass rush are our big needs now. Most of us I am sure feel the same way, but it is going to take another year to put all the pieces together. With next years draft picks & all that money we have for the FA period next year we should be OK.

Absolutely. Unless we make a trade our pass rush isn't going to be good. So really the only improvements we hopefully see are the DLine better against the run and better coverage in the secondary. But like I stated... the secondary shouldn't solely be looked at as our pass defense issues. Bc it starts with putting pressure on the QB. We will see if Bowles gets creative getting pressure this season.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Absolutely. Unless we make a trade our pass rush isn't going to be good. So really the only improvements we hopefully see are the DLine better against the run and better coverage in the secondary. But like I stated... the secondary shouldn't solely be looked at as our pass defense issues. Bc it starts with putting pressure on the QB. We will see if Bowles gets creative getting pressure this season.

I think we were top 3 or top 5 in blitzing so I would expect more of the same.  Got to hope the DB's get force the QB to hold the ball a split second more to allow the blitz to get there.

Its also training camp were not exactly dialing up pressure packages lol. We will have a stronger defensive unit this year, but we definitely need to address the pass rush for sure. Like on the offensive line, we are more than just one player away from a strong unit. Both pass rush and line needle multiple additions. 

9 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Nope. They’ve had 4 years to find a pass rusher or find a way to get to the QB. 

On 8/10/2018 at 11:24 AM, Dr.O said:

I don’t think Leggitt makes the team, think we got Herndon, Walford, Tomlinson

And just like that Leggett is back at practice the past two days making plays all over the field.  The TE group is as talented as I can remember.  Plus you forgot Sterling.

Sterling
Walford
Herndon
Leggett
Tomlinson

At least 1 maybe 2 of those guys have to get cut.  Going to be very tough to make that decision.  

Archived