Training Camp

Rockice_8

38 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Leave to our franchise to trade up and get our “hopefully” franchise QB... but then not sign him before TC.

Only Darnold and Roquon Smith are the 1st rounders still unsigned.

I am sure it must be his agent pulling this stunt, I doubt that this is  Darnold"s, idea. Right now I am not ready to blame Mac. His agent doesn't care about Darnold's progress in training camp all the agent cares is if he can get a bigger agent fee.

12 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I am sure it must be his agent pulling this stunt, I doubt that this is  Darnold"s, idea. Right now I am not ready to blame Mac. His agent doesn't care about Darnold's progress in training camp all the agent cares is if he can get a bigger agent fee.

The total money is set in stone.  According to sportac, Allen, who has the same agent, was given his total bonus money up front. I would guess they want the same for Darnold.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/josh-allen-25102/

If I was Sam I would fire this agent. The first thing I would tell my agent is that I'm not missing TC so you BETTER have this done or I will get someone that will get it done. 

We have half hour before practice I hope he signs today. 

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Just a bad feeling but I’ve been wrong before. 

Looks like you were right.  This is a bad job by Darnold and his agent over something as dumb as double dipping on a contract if you are cut.  First mistake by Darnold here hopefully it's one day and he smartens up.

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Looks like you were right.  This is a bad job by Darnold and his agent over something as dumb as double dipping on a contract if you are cut.  First mistake by Darnold here hopefully it's one day and he smartens up.

Yeah like he's the guy going forward, I understand it being a business but this is almost petty.

Yeah horrible job by all parties. 

I think everyone expects Lee to take a huge jump this year. I sadly just don't see it at all. Not even being negative. He just simply doesn't have the instincts to play the position in the NFL. I pray I am wrong because it would be nice if he blossomed, but I just don't see it. He needs to add weight too. 

First day of practice Mc Cown,, looked real shape and out played  Bridgewater. If this agent Jim Sexton doesn't get his act together and have Darnold sign, we will be looking at Mc Cown, starting the season, and none of us want to see that.

9 hours ago, Rich51 said:

The total money is set in stone.  According to sportac, Allen, who has the same agent, was given his total bonus money up front. I would guess they want the same for Darnold.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/josh-allen-25102/

Yeah I don't think the agent is doing this for himself, as far as making more money. All you have to do is look back at the Bosa holdout to find what this is about, either deferred money, double dipping or both . The big difference is Bosa was going to see time after holding out because of his position, Darnold is losing a chance to move up the depth chart.

From what Manish reported, seems like this is completely Darnold's agent's fault and he should fire him. They are holding out for a pointless offset language that makes no sense anyways cause the Jets will not release Darnold in the next 3 yeras regardless. But for the Jets it would go against their organizational philosophy then players will know they will bend. So they have to hold strong, it is a stupid fight for Darnold. He should say screw you to his agent and sign. 

Bakers contract includes offset language. CAA, in addition to repping Darnold, also represents Nelson, Allen, Smith, and Ward.   Bosa was also represented by CAA during his contract dispute over offset language. 

I know Nelson signed with the language as is. So has Mayfield. Not sure about the others. But seems like CAA keeps picking the same battle. It’s unfortunate they are Sam’s agents. 

Archived