Slow Burn - Scene 2 is now - v0.1 - Trial Version

Dome

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

So basically we could be any character but pick our own bonus and 2 disadvsntages?

If so, I like that idea. Will the inventory we have stay defaulted to the main character we choose?

Correct. That’s how that would work 

your inventory will stay the same this game, you can buy new equipment and stuff tonight. 

12 minutes ago, Dome said:

This is what I’m working with, but I don’t like it.

Occupation - Adv - Disadv 

Soldier    Fighting    Marksmanship 
Archer    Marksmanship     Fighting
Thief    Stealth    Charisma
Drifter    Charisma    Strength 
Doctor    Intelligence     Fighting 
Priest     Wisdom    Strength
Laborer    Strength    Dexterity
Dancer    Dexterity     Wisdom

I'll add:

Barbarian :: Fighting | Intelligence

Warlock :: Wisdom | Fighting

Bard :: Charisma | Dexterity

Or... We could roll (GEDDIT!?) with just picking what we want.

I’ll table the classes for now. More important  things to worry about for a trial run.

Tonight I’ll open up a few stores and litter the street with a handful of NPCs. I’ll also explain the combat system and maybe throw a few practice enemies out into the street as well.

Tomorrow AM I’ll officially kick off Scene 2 and we’ll be back to the normal freedom of doing as you wish, but tonight will be a little restrained while I hammer out some fine details.

16 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

If there's gonna be combat are you gonna add Constitution for HP?

I don’t think that I will. It’s just more than I want to keep track of in this game. Trying to keep it simple and streamlined. Right now I have a KO system in place.

Maybe if the system I have right now doesn’t work the way I thought or people don’t like it I’ll have to add CON.

Review of Scene 1 finale

The three of you scurry down the stairs. Fin is slumped over at the bar, but you just leave him there.

You step out onto the street, the morning sun is just beginning to peek over the horizon. It's too dark to make out very many of the buildings, but you remember there was a General Store next to the Saloon and a Produce Stall nearby, unlikely any are open this hour. There's a Stable across the street behind the the big buildings along Main Street and of course every town has a Sheriff's Office. 

The dawn light is hitting a large building at the end of town, it's lit up the whole front. A man stood out front smoking a cigarette, it was too far away to make out who it was. He had clearly pretty clearly noticed the four of you in the street, but didn't make any gestures or acknowledge you in any way. The sign on the front of the building says "PINKERTON DETECTIVE AGENCY."

--------------------

Prelude to Scene 2 

You sit and watch the sun creep its way into the sky, and the little town of Dusty Butte begins to come alive.

An old man steps out onto the porch of the General Store and waves, he flips the sign on the front door to "OPEN"

A beautiful blonde woman opens up Becky's Produce Stall and begins rotating her inventory. Her melons look incredible, and so does all the rest of her produce.

A "WANTED" sign hangs in the window of the Dusty Butte Sheriff's Office, another sign on their door reads "Always Open".

You hear the sounds of gates clattering at the HORSES! HORSES! HORSES! Stable in the distance. 

A creepy church sits at the end of town, it doesn't look like it's been maintained in years.

The Pinkerton Office is still closed. 

Pistol Pete's Pistols and Shooting Gallery is closed. 

The Doctor's Office is closed

@Malfatron @bucsfan333 @The Orca @Pickle Rick you are free to explore the town. 

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

<Enters the General Store and looks around

You see an assortment of tools, food, medicine and general supplies. Looks to be an average general store for a tiny town in the 1800's.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I wanna read the "WANTED" poster.

@Dome

WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE

BILLY GASKINS - MURDER, ROBBERY, KIDNAPPING, LOITERING

REWARD $5
1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

Also, @Dome. How much money (if any) do I have?

Let's say $2.25

Also I know I said you guys needed to tag me when you're doing stuff, but that isn't a requirement. I'm reading everything anyways. Not sure why I felt like you guys needed to tag me, but you don't lol

12 minutes ago, The Orca said:

<Enters the General Store and looks around

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

I would like to enter the general store and look around.

With two customers now in his store, the owner looks up from his paper.

*Morning gentlemen! You must be the men I've heard about! Welcome to Tenpenny's! I'm Ralph Tenpenny, I own this place!*

Archived