Slow Burn - Scene 2 is now - v0.1 - Trial Version

Dome

Just now, Dome said:

The old man laughs and says *If I had a Gatling gun, you think I'd be running this old shop? And careful who you ask that too, someone might think you're serious!*

<"Do you have any shotguns? Or something that really does some damage?"

Just now, Dome said:

*Consider this a sample* and Becky tosses you an apple.

<"Why that's mighty kind of you darling.  Let me ask you as question, what can you tell me about the Pinkertons? Are they good people? We met one last night and he seemed a bit mysterious. 

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'll smile and reach into my pocket for some money. While I'm digging around, I'll ask him what he knows about the Gaskins fellow on the wanted poster.

*He’s a bastard. Killed that poor McKinley boy for stealing from his chicken coop. Then kidnapped his sister to teach the whole family a lesson. He’s probably long gone by now, used to work down at the stable, might ask there*

5 minutes ago, The Orca said:

<"Do you have any shotguns? Or something that really does some damage?"

*I’ve got all kinds of knives or tools you could fashion into a weapon in a pinch, but no guns here. Try Pistol Pete’s. Usually he’s sleeping last night off until about noon, but you might get lucky.*

4 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

<"Why that's mighty kind of you darling.  Let me ask you as question, what can you tell me about the Pinkertons? Are they good people? We met one last night and he seemed a bit mysterious. 

*Oh heavens yes. They set up an office here when the railroad moved in, they provide security for the freight cars and railyard. Some of them are even assigned as bodyguards to keep the Railroad officials safe.*

Just now, Dome said:

*He’s a bastard. Killed that poor McKinley boy for stealing from his chicken coop. Then kidnapped his sister to teach the whole family a lesson. He’s probably long gone by now, used to work down at the stable, might ask there*

*I’ve got all kinds of knives or tools you could fashion into a weapon in a pinch, but no guns here. Try Pistol Pete’s. Usually he’s sleeping last night off until about noon, but you might get lucky.*

*Oh heavens yes. They set up an office here when the railroad moved in, they provide security for the freight cars and railyard. Some of them are even assigned as bodyguards to keep the Railroad officials safe.*

<Leaves the store and tries Pistol Pete's

Just now, Dome said:

"That's good to hear.  Say, are there any places to get a proper meal around here?  We missed out on dinner so we could rid the town of those guys hold up at the bar."

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

"That's good to hear.  Say, are there any places to get a proper meal around here?  We missed out on dinner so we could rid the town of those guys hold up at the bar."

*Yeah. Try The Dusty Dome... errrr, The Scorched Hole. Bartender there can make just about anything you want. He's quite the chef..... otherwise the Sheriff's Office offers two hots and a cot every day!*

5 minutes ago, The Orca said:

<Leaves the store and tries Pistol Pete's

Locked. Closed sign hanging from the door.

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

<ask the buxom blonde for details about the old church>

Looks around nervously *I don't know anything about it. Honestly forgot it was even there.*

7 minutes ago, Dome said:

"Sounds like a monster."

7 minutes ago, The Orca said:

*Nah, just need something more powerful then the baby twig I'm carrying. This town seems awfully dangerous"

"I think you might be right."

I'll hand Mr. Tenpenny $1 and grab my new kit. "Thank you, sir. Have a good day."

I'll make my way out of the store.

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

go to the old man

*hey thar old timer. i was hired to get ridda those varmits up in that old church there yonder. any advice on what supplies i might need, or anything else a feller should know bout it?*

*Wha? Why? That church hasn't been used in years. Who cares about the rats?* the old man rummaged through some boxes.

*Anything here look useful?*

25 cents - Poison (several uses)

25 cents - Small wire snare (many uses)

50 cents - Hammer (+1 fighting check)

$1 - Live animal trap (many uses)

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

"Sounds like a monster."

"I think you might be right."

I'll hand Mr. Tenpenny $1 and grab my new kit. "Thank you, sir. Have a good day."

I'll make my way out of the store.

-$1 bucs

+Thieves kit bucs

Bucs Inventory:
Lockpicking set (many uses)
Rope (many uses)
Throwing knives (unlocks ranged attacks, 3 knives, retrievable, +1 fighting)
$1.25

Steele Inventory:
Black Powder Rifle (Slow Reload, One Shot, Marksmanship Checks unlocked)
Bayonet (+1 Fighting Skill)
Gunpowder (Many uses)
25 cents

Takara Inventory:
$4.50
Derringer Pistol (Marksman skill unlocked, Quick reload, 5 shots)
Monocle (+3 to anyone one Charisma check)

Ahtahkahkoop Inventory:
Lever Action Rifle (Unlocks Marksmanship Checks, Quick reload, 3 shots)
Bear Trap (Multiple Uses)
Tomahawk (Roll Athletics Check for ranged attack, +1 added for Fighting Check)
50 cents

Archived