Everything Pokemon Thread!

On 5/9/2019 at 12:58 PM, buno67 said:

I would assume with the Direct coming in June that anything Pokémon related would come out then

I believe we're due for a Corocoro release sometime this month. Probably this weekend or early next week.

I really hope they fix a lot of stuff if they redo the gen 4 games in the near future. I remember really enjoying the actual games, but so much was weak or poorly done at the same time. The crazy amount of HMs, the really weak Pokedex (they fixed it a bit in Platinum, but it was like less than 100 new Pokemon in the Diamond/Pearl Dex, hell, they had a fire type elite four champ in a game with only two fire type pokemon, etc.) There were like 15 leegendary pokemon in that gen and you could only get like 4 of them naturally. A ton of the interesting pokemon they released weren't available until after beating the game (so many of the new evolutions, Rotom, etc.)

A lot of things I liked about that gen, but some really clear missteps it'd be great if they fixed. Felt like a good game that really restricted your team of Pokemon.

On 5/10/2019 at 3:02 PM, CWood21 said:

I believe we're due for a Corocoro release sometime this month. Probably this weekend or early next week.

And that was a huge flop.  Disappointing.  We might get something later this month, but it looks like June will be the next big drop.

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

I would bet that the pokedex leak is true, meaning there are a lot of pre-gen mon's getting evolutions, including some from gen 1

I'm very skeptical of the leak being true.  Pokemon were given a Mega evolution in Gen 6 to buff up old Pokemon who had fallen behind.  And the Pokemon who were given Alolan forms didn't have a Mega evolution.  Both Houndoom and Gardevoir got Mega evolutions, and they don't need a Galar form.  Seems unlikely Rotom gets an evolution, since he's got multiple forms.

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm very skeptical of the leak being true.  Pokemon were given a Mega evolution in Gen 6 to buff up old Pokemon who had fallen behind.  And the Pokemon who were given Alolan forms didn't have a Mega evolution.  Both Houndoom and Gardevoir got Mega evolutions, and they don't need a Galar form.  Seems unlikely Rotom gets an evolution, since he's got multiple forms.

I hope mega's aren't a big part of this game. Never liked it 

Just now, CWood21 said:
2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I hope mega's aren't a big part of this game. Never liked it 

Hell of a LOT better than the Z-moves.  That was one of the worst additions.

I played Sun/Moon through once, and then once I realized Ultra wasn't any better, I only got through a couple hours. So thankfully that mostly passed me by