Everything Pokemon Thread!

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yea hoping for a good Black Friday sale

The Black Friday sale last year was the console staying at $299 and it came with Mario Kart.  Hopefully this year there is a price reduction.  Nintendo is kind of notorious for their consoles and a lot of games rarely ever going on sale.  I think the Switch has been out since 2017 and I don't think the console has ever been lower than $299, or if it has that occasion has been extremely rare.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

The Black Friday sale last year was the console staying at $299 and it came with Mario Kart.  Hopefully this year there is a price reduction.  Nintendo is kind of notorious for their consoles and a lot of games rarely ever going on sale.  I think the Switch has been out since 2017 and I don't think the console has ever been lower than $299, or if it has that occasion has been extremely rare.

Yea kind of ridiculous that it hasn’t gotten under that 300 price range. Probably just order from amazon anyway

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yea kind of ridiculous that it hasn’t gotten under that 300 price range. Probably just order from amazon anyway

This article just came out today.  Looks like it might be the same deal as last year.  Maybe as more retailers release their Black Friday ads, there will be something different:  https://www.theverge.com/good-deals/2019/11/7/20951789/nintendo-switch-deal-console-mario-kart-8-black-friday-deluxe-joy-con-games

On 11/7/2019 at 10:10 AM, ttitansfan4life said:

The switch lite is their "cheaper" unit don't expect the OG switch to drop since they have to justify the new processor price for a while.

17 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Booo really?

I have to be honest, #1 option for me would be for this game to be great. But #2 is for it to absolutely bomb and may actually force some changes from Game Freak. The series has been trending away from the long time fans, which is fine, as long as it is still an enjoyable experience for the long time fans. 

Edited by JBURGE

https://kotaku.com/pokemon-sword-and-shield-the-kotaku-review-1839812633 

So I want this review to clear some things up. I won’t currently address all of the complaints due to restrictions on spoilers, but I can say, unequivocally: Pokémon Sword and Shield are good games.

A Pokémon game hasn’t truly made me feel that way since I booted up Red, met Professor Oak, and embarked on my adventure. For the first time since I was a 7-year-old falling in love with her Charmander, Sword and Shield gave me that sense of wonder.

My favorite way to level up Pokémon quickly, though, was Max Raid Battles. In those, you play with three other real people or computer characters to defeat a huge, ultra-powerful version of a Pokémon. If you defeat them, you have a chance to catch them, and you’ll also gain berries, TRs (one-use technical machines), and candies that give experience points. They started off pretty easy, but they scale up in difficulty the more that you do them.

There are so many ways to approach Sword and Shield that people can play it however they want.

There are legitimate critiques to make about Pokémon Sword and Shield. The game is challenging, sure, but it never kept me up at night. The plot is pretty lackluster; for example, nothing reaches the narrative heights of Black and White. The environments outside of cities and towns not exactly awe-inspiring, and anyone hoping for a very specific Pokémon in this game from previous entries will more likely than not be disappointed. There are times that the game holds your hand that will feel irritating if you’re an adult, especially in its earliest hours.

The magic of Pokémon is that it lets you tap into a sense of wonder that becomes more and more difficult to access as an adult. Sword and Shield do that more successfully than any Pokémon release has in years. It won’t be everything to everyone, and it will not make everyone happy.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Danger said:

Everything I've heard regarding the difficulty is that the game is ridiculously easy again.

This game will be better than anything since B2/W2 IMO

ORAS and XY were both solid games.  It was realy just the 7th Generation that was a giant flop.  BW and BW2 had the storyline.