Everything Pokemon Thread!

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:
50 minutes ago, Danger said:

Everything I've heard regarding the difficulty is that the game is ridiculously easy again.

This game will be better than anything since B2/W2 IMO

ORAS and XY were both solid games.  It was realy just the 7th Generation that was a giant flop.  BW and BW2 had the storyline.

XY was okay. Was that the gen that changed HMs? There have been some awesome quality of life improvements (HMs) but some awful ones too (Exp Share permanently on)

We can have gen arguments again, but to put them in simple tiers. I could break them down more 

Tier 1 - Gen 1, 2, 3, 5

Tier 2 - Gen 4, X/Y

Tier bad - Sun/Moon

Just now, JBURGE said:

XY was okay. Was that the gen that changed HMs? There have been some awesome quality of life improvements (HMs) but some awful ones too (Exp Share permanently on)

We can have gen arguments again, but to put them in simple tiers. I could break them down more 

Tier 1 - Gen 1, 2, 3, 5

Tier 2 - Gen 4, X/Y

Tier bad - Sun/Moon

I think you have to break it down to what you're looking for.  BW and BW2 had the best storylines, but it was a giant poo poo platter of new Pokemon.  I believe only Ferrothorn and Excadrill had any viability, and they were utility Pokemon.

Just now, JBURGE said:

Tier 1 - Gen 1, 2, 3, 5

Tier 2 - Gen 4, X/Y

Tier bad - Sun/Moon

I'm going to do total power rankings.

1. BW2
2. Platinum
3. HG/SS
4. BW
5. G/S/C
6. Red/Blue
7. ORAS
8. Diamond/Pearl
9. Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
10. FireRed/Leaf Green
11. Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon
12. Sun/Moon

13. XY

I'm probably missing one or two but I thought XY was the biggest absolute waste of time ever.

Literally none of the characters were remotely interesting or memorable, and it was a chore to play because it was mindnumbingly easy. When you have boring gameplay and a boring story, you get the ultimate disaster of a game. The only decent part of it was they started the changes to breeding mechanics and made attaining competitively viable mons feasible. And no, Sun and Moon started moving away from HMs. You still needed them in XY.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think you have to break it down to what you're looking for.  BW and BW2 had the best storylines, but it was a giant poo poo platter of new Pokemon.  I believe only Ferrothorn and Excadrill had any viability, and they were utility Pokemon.

There were a myriad of Gen 5 mons that were good.

Haxorus, Darmanitan, Conkeldurr, Excadrill, Seismetoad, Whimsicott, Scrafty, Chandelure, Bisharp, All of the Genies and Musketeers, Hydreigon and more even. Starters did admittedly suck that gen aside from Serperior.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Haxorus, Darmanitan, Conkeldurr, Excadrill, Seismetoad, Whimsicott, Scrafty, Chandelure, Bisharp, All of the Genies and Musketeers, Hydreigon and more even. Starters did admittedly suck that gen aside from Serperior.

I mean, each Generation had it's own calling.  Gen 1 is the OG, so there's really nothing to complain about.  Gen 2 had the largest map to explore with both Kanto and Johto, so that was the best.  Gen 3 was probably the best in terms of storylines as well as what you had available to do.  Gen 4 and Gen 5 were solid, but overall unspectacular aside from the storyline in BW and BW2.  Gen 6 was similar I guess, and Gen 7 was a total flop.

21 minutes ago, CWood21 said:
23 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Yeah I don't really care about ranking remakes either. The game is already there. 

Unfortunately, they're easy cash cows.  Kinda low hanging fruit in that regard.

I love the remakes. I just mean I am not going to give them credit for not screwing up an already great game when they remade it. 

19 minutes ago, Danger said:

Gen 5 did have a great story, and the dex in BW2 was awesome for making a ton of viable teams.

However I really disliked what they did with a lot of the evolution levels in that game. 

Just now, JBURGE said:

Gen 5 did have a great story, and the dex in BW2 was awesome for making a ton of viable teams.

However I really disliked what they did with a lot of the evolution levels in that game. 

Yeah, Hydreigon and Volcarona were the two most notable offenders of this, It'd be more ok if they just made the game longer as a whole so that you're around level 70 at the time of the PKMN League.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

I'm going to do total power rankings.

1. BW2
2. Platinum
3. HG/SS
4. BW
5. G/S/C
6. Red/Blue
7. ORAS
8. Diamond/Pearl
9. Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
10. FireRed/Leaf Green
11. Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon
12. Sun/Moon

13. XY

My list would be pretty different from this, but my biggest rise/fall would be the bolded