Everything Pokemon Thread!

On 11/16/2019 at 9:54 AM, minutemancl said:

Took me literally an hour to find a sizzlipede. 1% spawn chance on route 3. I have one now though and can breed them if anyone else wants one but doesnt want to spend an hour running around in grass. 

same here. 57 min to exact. however was pretty upset when i learned you can catch one in the 3rd gym lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jyod21 said:

Does breeding with a shiny have any impact on the offspring being a shiny?  

Nope.

You can increase your odds by fighting the same breed of pokemon multiple times in a row and by defeating a breed over 500 times.  Although getting a shiny charm is the best way to improve your odds.

I have never been a collector, so I guess the Dexgate or whatever it's called doesn't bother me too much. Once they got to 3rd gen I gave up. 

I played Fallen Order this weekend, but so far (just got my 3rd badge) I am enjoying it. The opening hour and a bit was kinda brutal, but there are a few really great positives:

• the amount of Pokemon you can catch in the first couple hours is insane. Has to be multiples more than the next highest in any other game. This makes the lower Dex seem almost irrelevant for me
  • the Wild Area is a great addition
  • I started out hating it, but now I love the wild pokemon actually being sprites in the wild rather than random encounters. Helps me know what I can catch where without being glued to serebii, and makes the catching process expedited - great quality of life addition

Some things I'm not sure how I feel about.....

• you get Fly so early....
  • exp all is a little annoying, BUT it does allow me to have a full team of 4-6 really early - because of this, I don't feel attached to the full team though
  • Raid battles giving the exp gain items - great for leveling up a new catch to catch up with the rest of the team 
  • after playing for a while, I don't hate the Dynamax gimmick as much as I thought I would. I definitely don't like it though. It seems irrelevant, just adds time to each battle

Dislikes

• opening game is brutal. Can't go anywhere without Hop interrupting you....
  • .... Hop is the worst "Rival" they've ever made
  • Fire starter has a horrible design past the 1st evolution
  • one type starters. Lame as hell. With the amount of pokemon available, what is the incentive to keep the starter? My Grookey is level 32 and his move-set is horrendous
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

Dislikes

• one type starters. Lame as hell. With the amount of pokemon available, what is the incentive to keep the starter? My Grookey is level 32 and his move-set is horrendous

Water starter is by far the worst design.

34 minutes ago, Danger said:
2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Dislikes

Water starter is by far the worst design

I think the water one is probably the worst water one ever, but the Fire one to me is worse. 

7 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Dislikes

• opening game is brutal. Can't go anywhere without Hop interrupting you....
  • .... Hop is the worst "Rival" they've ever made

I like Hop! It is nice that the "rival" isn't evil.

I really like the final evolution of the fire starter. Looks cool. The first two evolutions were lame though. I do wish the starters were dual type though. 

13 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I like Hop! It is nice that the "rival" isn't evil.

I really like the final evolution of the fire starter. Looks cool. The first two evolutions were lame though. I do wish the starters were dual type though. 

booooooooooooo

get cod

Edited by JBURGE