Everything Pokemon Thread!

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, CWood21 said:

The new game comes out on Friday, is anyone actually buying it?

I got a call from the game store I pre-ordered it at, totally forgot that a) I pre-ordered it, and b) it comes out tomorrow. Probably won't even go pick it up tomorrow

On 11/5/2017 at 12:05 AM, coors said:

Crazy to me how popular Pokemon still is..

Probably the last game I'll be getting with the one that just came out today. Future titles are expected to be on the Nintendo switch, and I can't justify paying $300 for something just to play Pokemon on, I don't much care for any of Nintendo's other exclusive titles.

How are the modern Pokemon games compared to the old ones? I haven't played since Shappire version (But Gold is still one of the best console games I've ever played). I was thinking of picking up one of the newer ones (doesn't need to be the brand new one) depending on what I hear. I got a 2DSXL a couple month ago but so far all I have are the Fire Emblem games on it.

So basically what I'm asking is are any of the new ones better than Gold/Silver?

42 minutes ago, Geek said:

How are the modern Pokemon games compared to the old ones? I haven't played since Shappire version (But Gold is still one of the best console games I've ever played). I was thinking of picking up one of the newer ones (doesn't need to be the brand new one) depending on what I hear. I got a 2DSXL a couple month ago but so far all I have are the Fire Emblem games on it.

So basically what I'm asking is are any of the new ones better than Gold/Silver?

They're quite a bit different yet still the same, I mean think of it like you've got a 2000 Mustang and you're looking at upgrading to a 2016 Mustang.  The whole system is the "same", but they've upgraded.  Sun and Moon might be a bit too out there for you, so if you're gonna get back into the games I'd suggest either X, Y, Omega Ruby, or Alpha Sapphire.