Everything Pokemon Thread!

still not far into the game, found a Sizzlipede on my first encounter on route 3, probably won't use it though. 

On my way to the town with the first gym. So far this game is even easier than XY, at least the characters are more interesting. Wish you could turn the dumb EXP share off in this game. :( 

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

still not far into the game, found a Sizzlipede on my first encounter on route 3, probably won't use it though. 

On my way to the town with the first gym. So far this game is even easier than XY, at least the characters are more interesting. Wish you could turn the dumb EXP share off in this game. :( 

I really like Sizzlipede! If you chose the fire starter then yeah forget it. Rock type isn't too common, but with a full team he is super useful imo. 

I will say, as someone who complained about the opening, this game is MUCH more enjoyable to me than X/Y and S/M. The game really picks the pace up after the 3rd gym and they stop holding your hand. 

I love how diverse your team can be, and it will honestly make me want to replay. There are pokemon in my box that I really want to use.

I just got the 7th badge, and I have:

Excadrill (gen 5, one of my favs)
Toxtricity (new, Electric/Poison)
Centiskorch (new, Fire/Bug)
Gyarados
Grimmsnarl (new, Fairy/Dark)
Drakloak (new, Dragon/Ghost)

in my box is my starter Rillaboom who I just dropped for Drakloak (the pseudo dragon legendary), Gardevoir, and others....

Edited by JBURGE

5 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I really like Sizzlipede! If you chose the fire starter then yeah forget it. Rock type isn't too common, but with a full team he is super useful imo. 

I will say, as someone who complained about the opening, this game is MUCH more enjoyable to me than X/Y and S/M. The game really picks the pace up after the 3rd gym and they stop holding your hand. 

I love how diverse your team can be, and it will honestly make me want to replay. There are pokemon in my box that I really want to use.

I just got the 7th badge, and I have:

Excadrill (gen 5, one of my favs)
Toxtricity (new, Electric/Poison)
Centiskorch (new, Fire/Bug)
Gyarados
Grimmsnarl (new, Fairy/Dark)
Drakloak (new, Dragon/Ghost)

in my box is my starter Rillaboom who I just dropped for Drakloak (the pseudo dragon legendary), Gardevoir, and others....

Right now I have 5 team members who I'm definitely rolling with for the time being. (Levels 16-19)

Grookey's 2nd form
Ralts
Trapinch (Probably going to replace this down the line with Kommo'o line)
Corvisquire
Stufful (Fluffy + Brave nature, massive tank)

Definitely keeping the Stufful, and the starter, but everything else is subject to change really.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Right now I have 5 team members who I'm definitely rolling with for the time being. (Levels 16-19)

Grookey's 2nd form
Ralts
Trapinch (Probably going to replace this down the line with Kommo'o line)
Corvisquire
Stufful (Fluffy + Brave nature, massive tank)

Definitely keeping the Stufful, and the starter, but everything else is subject to change really.

I think Kommo'o, if the same as my game with Larvitar and Goomy, is available after the 7th gym at Lake Outrage (in the Wild Zone, I had a hard time finding it). Took me over an hour to get Dreepy last night with the 1-2% grass spawn rate.

Gardevoir is awesome with the Fairy typing, good stats, and Hypnosis. I will def use her in my next playthrough. I was going to use it this time, but I wanted to have mostly new Pokemon, so I switched to Grimmsnarl (Impidimp).

I never use tanks in the main games, I go all offense

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

I think Kommo'o, if the same as my game with Larvitar and Goomy, is available after the 7th gym at Lake Outrage (in the Wild Zone, I had a hard time finding it). Took me over an hour to get Dreepy last night with the 1-2% grass spawn rate.

Gardevoir is awesome with the Fairy typing, good stats, and Hypnosis. I will def use her in my next playthrough. I was going to use it this time, but I wanted to have mostly new Pokemon, so I switched to Grimmsnarl (Impidimp).

I never use tanks in the main games, I go all offense

I usually don't, but IDK I just really want to use Stufful/Bewear this playthrough, I caught it and used it last night against Hop and I literally just laughed all of his attacks off, they did nothing. Kinda decided then and there I am holding on to him. 

Nicknamed him West, think I'm just gonna call him Yeezy.

19 minutes ago, Danger said:

I usually don't, but IDK I just really want to use Stufful/Bewear this playthrough, I caught it and used it last night against Hop and I literally just laughed all of his attacks off, they did nothing. Kinda decided then and there I am holding on to him. 

Nicknamed him West, think I'm just gonna call him Yeezy.

How great is it that we can change nicknames and teach old moves from the start.... huge QOL improvement 

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I'm using Cinderace, Gyrados, Togekiss, Toxtricity and Haxorus. No real 6th yet. Been carrying around Bisharp because dark+steel is dope, but will probably go with Lucario or Tyrantir.

I saw Haxorus too, he's pretty cool. Was outside my catch level though, and I wanted the Dreepy anyway 

For my first play through, I have Corviknight, Noivern, Cinderace, Snom, Hatterene, and Grimmsnarl.

Noivern is a placeholder until I get a Galarian dragon I like.  Wanted to go with all new gen pokemon for the first play through.  

Second play through, I'll probably go with the grass or water starter and a Centiskorch.  I haven't really found a new water or grass type I love yet.