Everything Pokemon Thread!

On 11/19/2017 at 11:05 PM, CWood21 said:
On 11/19/2017 at 10:21 PM, Geek said:

How are the modern Pokemon games compared to the old ones? I haven't played since Shappire version (But Gold is still one of the best console games I've ever played). I was thinking of picking up one of the newer ones (doesn't need to be the brand new one) depending on what I hear. I got a 2DSXL a couple month ago but so far all I have are the Fire Emblem games on it.

So basically what I'm asking is are any of the new ones better than Gold/Silver?

They're quite a bit different yet still the same, I mean think of it like you've got a 2000 Mustang and you're looking at upgrading to a 2016 Mustang.  The whole system is the "same", but they've upgraded.  Sun and Moon might be a bit too out there for you, so if you're gonna get back into the games I'd suggest either X, Y, Omega Ruby, or Alpha Sapphire.

Black/White and X/Y are awesome. Sun/Moon are.... not. 

Sincerely me been playing pokemon since I can remember

22 hours ago, Geek said:

What is wrong with Sun/Moon?

They're just a different storyline than the traditional games.  I mean, in the generations before it was collect 8 badges and take on the E4.  Now it's travel the different islands, beat totem pokemon, and beat the grand master (or whatever they call it) of the island.  And then you take on the E4.  I think it's more a traditionalist type of person.

20 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Is Ultra Sun/Moon worth it?

Yes and no.  If you liked Sun/Moon, go buy it.  If you haven't bought Sun or Moon, I'd say yes.  If you bought Sun and Moon but didn't like it, I'd probably pass.  Hopefully you didn't buy Sun/Moon and instead just buy Ultra Sun/Moon.  If I would have known UM and US were coming out, I wouldn't have bought Sun or Moon.

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Yes and no.  If you liked Sun/Moon, go buy it.  If you haven't bought Sun or Moon, I'd say yes.  If you bought Sun and Moon but didn't like it, I'd probably pass.  Hopefully you didn't buy Sun/Moon and instead just buy Ultra Sun/Moon.  If I would have known UM and US were coming out, I wouldn't have bought Sun or Moon.

I still haven't picked my copy up lol

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Pick up ultra moon when you do...

I think thats the one I pre-ordered

why? cause you have sun? I'm not catching all the exclusives and trading them to you. classic cwood with his selfish intentions

Edited by JBURGE25

21 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I think thats the one I pre-ordered

why? cause you have sun? I'm not catching all the exclusives and trading them to you. classic cwood with his selfish intentions

I mean, if you want to give them to my I'm not going to complain but I do have the original Sun.

Apparently some of the legendaries you have to have both in order to get the 3rd one.  In order to get Suicune, you need to have Raikou and Entei in your party.  Raikou is in Ultra Sun and Entei is in Ultra Moon.

18 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, if you want to give them to my I'm not going to complain but I do have the original Sun.

Apparently some of the legendaries you have to have both in order to get the 3rd one.  In order to get Suicune, you need to have Raikou and Entei in your party.  Raikou is in Ultra Sun and Entei is in Ultra Moon.

dumb

with how much I disliked the first one, I doubt I do any after the main story again anyway

Edited by JBURGE25

28 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

So I haven't played a pokemon game since probably Pokemon Sapphire on the GBA. What's the best game to play that would still have access to all the online features and the servers haven't been shut down?

Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire and X/Y are good games. I also liked both Black/White 1 and 2. 

11 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:
46 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire and X/Y are good games. I also liked both Black/White 1 and 2. 

Better to go that route over the newest one?

YES. If you want a classic pokemon experience, yes. 

I would say should look at that deal CWood mentioned, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire to get back into it since it is a remake of the last game you played. X/Y is a logical step from there.