Everything Pokemon Thread!

So...I'm on my way to the first major city (Motostoke?) and I'm having fun in the wild area...when should I leave? I've got a team of Pokemon that are all around level 15 already, and I've caught something like 35 Pokemon. I don't want to be super overleveled...

On 2/16/2020 at 7:27 AM, Lions017 said:

So...I'm on my way to the first major city (Motostoke?) and I'm having fun in the wild area...when should I leave? I've got a team of Pokemon that are all around level 15 already, and I've caught something like 35 Pokemon. I don't want to be super overleveled...

I ended up being overleveled even with switching out pokemon constantly. Think I only lost 3 times total in the game. I'd say you're ready to move on to the next gym. 

On 2/16/2020 at 9:27 AM, Lions017 said:

The first Gym Leader's top Poke is at level 20.  I didn't think the constant EXP Share really broke the game.  Maybe I didn't do a ton of grinding, but it seemed to work okay for me.

On 2/19/2020 at 1:09 PM, CWood21 said:

The first Gym Leader's top Poke is at level 20.  I didn't think the constant EXP Share really broke the game.  Maybe I didn't do a ton of grinding, but it seemed to work okay for me.

Thanks. 

Really enjoying the game so far. I have 3 badges, but I've caught around 110 Pokemon. My top ones are around level 32 or so, but I'm having a lot of fun just catching Pokemon and evolving them. Little changes like being able to access your boxes at all times make me far more interested in doing that this time around - I usually just pick a team and go but I'm having fun experimenting. The wild Pokemon are also managing to keep up with me so far too, which keeps it from being super easy like some of the other games. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Thanks. 

Really enjoying the game so far. I have 3 badges, but I've caught around 110 Pokemon. My top ones are around level 32 or so, but I'm having a lot of fun just catching Pokemon and evolving them. Little changes like being able to access your boxes at all times make me far more interested in doing that this time around - I usually just pick a team and go but I'm having fun experimenting. The wild Pokemon are also managing to keep up with me so far too, which keeps it from being super easy like some of the other games. 

I didn't know I could get to my box until I had beaten the entire game. I kept going to the bag and clicking the Pokemon Box and it'd say I couldn't open it from my bag. I'm still annoyed about it.

16 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I didn't know I could get to my box until I had beaten the entire game. I kept going to the bag and clicking the Pokemon Box and it'd say I couldn't open it from my bag. I'm still annoyed about it.

It took me a bit to figure that out too...I knew that you could do it but I had to look up how. :D

Edited by Lions017

Where do you guys rank Sword/Shield in terms of Pokemon games? Maybe it's because I've been out of it for a while (I've only played Red/Gold/Y/Omega Ruby/Let's Go Pikachu) but I'm loving the game. To me a lot of the things that people hate about it feel like quality of life improvements compared to previous generations. I really like being able to access your box anywhere, it's easier to level Pokemon up, no more stupid HM's taking up moves, the wild area is fun, etc. 

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

Where do you guys rank Sword/Shield in terms of Pokemon games? Maybe it's because I've been out of it for a while (I've only played Red/Gold/Y/Omega Ruby/Let's Go Pikachu) but I'm loving the game. To me a lot of the things that people hate about it feel like quality of life improvements compared to previous generations. I really like being able to access your box anywhere, it's easier to level Pokemon up, no more stupid HM's taking up moves, the wild area is fun, etc. 

Not sure I put it above the first 3 gens, and I did like B/W a lot, but I think I would put it next, just over Gen4

• 3 weeks later...

So, I finished Shield. I enjoyed it a lot, spent about 40 hours on it. But now that I've done, I think that I'm going to sell it away. I've never been into competitive battling or breeding, and catching all of the Pokemon now seems a bit too tedious for me. I don't see myself spending $30 on DLC. 

Good game, lots of fun, brought me back to my childhood, etc. I'm just done with it I think. 

I did transfer my favorite 25-ish to Home so I can hopefully use some of them in the next Pokemon game. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2020 at 3:50 PM, Lions017 said:

So, I finished Shield. I enjoyed it a lot, spent about 40 hours on it. But now that I've done, I think that I'm going to sell it away. I've never been into competitive battling or breeding, and catching all of the Pokemon now seems a bit too tedious for me. I don't see myself spending $30 on DLC. 

Good game, lots of fun, brought me back to my childhood, etc. I'm just done with it I think. 

I did transfer my favorite 25-ish to Home so I can hopefully use some of them in the next Pokemon game. :)

To each their won, but I can't imagine spending $50+ on a game and then turning around and selling it.  I mean, I still have the original RBY games and still play it.