Everything Pokemon Thread!

49 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

To each their won, but I can't imagine spending $50+ on a game and then turning around and selling it.  I mean, I still have the original RBY games and still play it.

Eh depends on the game but that's like the one upside of physical nowadays, selling it back.

Granted you'll generally only get $40 back depending on the game. 

10 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Eh depends on the game but that's like the one upside of physical nowadays, selling it back.

Granted you'll generally only get $40 back depending on the game. 

That much?  I think I traded in my Moon game, and GameStop gave me like a $20 credit.

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2020 at 5:05 PM, pwny said:

Which one are we thinking is our favorite? Sword or Shield?

I might finally pick it up.

Honestly, not a huge difference aside from Version Exclusives.  I have Sword as my main game, but I've replayed Shield a few times.

On 5/4/2020 at 9:31 PM, JoshstraDaymus said:

Really considering doing a Nuzlocke on one of these soon. Any suggestions? Not SW/SH, I don’t have a switch.

If you've ever used an emulator there are mods and romhacks for you that offer a great challenge.

Or heck even a new pokemon game for the thrill of it.

I'd say HeartGold/SoulSilver. 

17 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, not a huge difference aside from Version Exclusives.  I have Sword as my main game, but I've replayed Shield a few times.

I know this is the right answer, as it really is with every generation. But I wanted an answer one way or the other.

Ended up picking up Sword because I always liked Farfetch’d.

If anyone wants to add me: SW-0093-9232-2153 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 1:04 PM, pwny said:

I know this is the right answer, as it really is with every generation. But I wanted an answer one way or the other.

Ended up picking up Sword because I always liked Farfetch’d.

If anyone wants to add me: SW-0093-9232-2153 

How do you like it so far?

On 5/8/2020 at 5:34 PM, chiefs82 said:

Anyone have a favorite team they run with? 

I’m having the hardest time picking a 6th member. As it stands:

Charizard

Rillaboom

Flygon

Toxicitry

Grimmsnarl

6th is Lapras and just picked up a Rialou 

I really like that this was maybe the first pokemon game ever that I had issues coming up with a team because there were too many options. Maybe Black/White 2  as well.

I had a similar team, but ended up ditching my starter. I also boxed Flygon once I got a Dragapult

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I really like that this was maybe the first pokemon game ever that I had issues coming up with a team because there were too many options. Maybe Black/White 2  as well.

I had a similar team, but ended up ditching my starter. I also boxed Flygon once I got a Dragapult

I just caught and evolved Dragapult. Thinking of starting over new, now that I know some other Pokémon I want on my team

6 hours ago, chiefs82 said:

I just caught and evolved Dragapult. Thinking of starting over new, now that I know some other Pokémon I want on my team

Yeah as soon as I best it the first time, I started over and played through again. Haven't touched it since