Everything Pokemon Thread!

3 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Better to go that route over the newest one?

Probably easier to break into a game with something that's familiar.  If you want something you're familiar with, go with Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.  IF you want something kinda familiar, go with X or Y.

Anyone able to help me move 18 pokes over from Moon to my Ultra Sun game?  I've got some items I need to move over.

EDIT: Just have 18 garbage Pokes you don't want.  My suggestion is to catch a Magikarp and breed it.  Eggs pop up quickly, and hatch really quickly.

Since this will likely be the last game released that I'll buy (not getting a switch) I picked this up. It's okay buy unspectacular in my opinion although the trials were actually challenging which was really fun. This is the worst group of starters ever in my opinion. In both games this generation I've not used them past level 20 or so. Ended up going with:

Arcanine, Magnezone, Slowbro, Lopunny, Tyranitaur and Noivern. Pretty fun run through with a couple of Pokemon I don't usually use.

6 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Since this will likely be the last game released that I'll buy (not getting a switch) I picked this up. It's okay buy unspectacular in my opinion although the trials were actually challenging which was really fun. This is the worst group of starters ever in my opinion. In both games this generation I've not used them past level 20 or so. Ended up going with:

Arcanine, Magnezone, Slowbro, Lopunny, Tyranitaur and Noivern. Pretty fun run through with a couple of Pokemon I don't usually use.

Did you play the original Sun and Moon?

On 12/1/2017 at 9:25 AM, LeeEvans said:

I've been rolling through the game with Hawlucha, Decidueye, Feraligatr, Magnezone, and A-Marowack.  Recently added a Tyrunt to the mix.  Never really used any of these Pokes before.  Magnezone is a stud.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I've been rolling through the game with Hawlucha, Decidueye, Feraligatr, Magnezone, and A-Marowack.  Recently added a Tyrunt to the mix.  Never really used any of these Pokes before.  Magnezone is a stud.

Magnezone is far and away my MVP. He just dominates. I don't really get the A Marowak love, just wasn't feeling it. Lopunny was weirdly good for me with Return and Jump kick

2 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Magnezone is far and away my MVP. He just dominates. I don't really get the A Marowak love, just wasn't feeling it. Lopunny was weirdly good for me with Return and Jump kick

Absolutely.  I've been really surprised with how effective Magnezone has been.  I don't love A-Marowak, more kinda just an interesting Pokemon to play with.  Wanted a fire type to play with but didn't want to use anyone I'd normally use.

On 12/1/2017 at 9:41 AM, JBURGE25 said:

@CWood21 picked the game up wednesday. I haven't taken the wrapping off yet but we'll get there

Still haven't unwrapped it?  BTW, the game is actually surprisingly good.  Felt like the original Sun and Moon left a LOT of unanswered questions.  USUM answers it.

Still haven't unwrapped it?

Correct

Felt like the original Sun and Moon left a LOT of unanswered questions.  USUM answers it.

The only question I had is: Are they going back to traditional Pokemon with the next installment or no

Edited by JBURGE25

• 3 weeks later...

@CWood21I started playing a few days ago. Man, this gen is such crap. They hold your hand through the whole game, a stupid amount of dialog. It is really annoying. I think I'm done with it after the first island already. 

I might go back and play Black 2, I really enjoyed that gen. Maybe I'll play Y again

2 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

@CWood21I started playing a few days ago. Man, this gen is such crap. They hold your hand through the whole game, a stupid amount of dialog. It is really annoying. I think I'm done with it after the first island already. 

I might go back and play Black 2, I really enjoyed that gen. Maybe I'll play Y again

Yeah...I definitely know what you mean.  It's very linear and not a whole lot of leeway.  I've honestly stopped playing mine.