Everything Pokemon Thread!

I've been loving the DLC so far. I am super excited to play with these new additions in Ranked. 

The most recent team I put together on Showdown's VGC LAdder (1581 ELO) is linked below. I'll probably transfer this over to game soon, so if you'd like me to drop a rental code then just ask!

Link to team: https://pokepast.es/9f62c0d1525eb969

I prefer to use the Brave Azumarill over an Adamant or Jolly. Mainly because I have Trick Room available, and Zuzu is naturally slow. So I made it work. I hardly ever go full tilt into a mode. Thought about moving towards Amoongus instead of Indeedee-F cause Spore is the best Sleep move in the game. Then I remembered Expanding Force. Might be the most broken new move. 

EDIT: After some testing Aqua Jet over Liquidation 

Edited by YogiBiz

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 12:52 PM, YogiBiz said:

I've been loving the DLC so far. I am super excited to play with these new additions in Ranked. 

The most recent team I put together on Showdown's VGC LAdder (1581 ELO) is linked below. I'll probably transfer this over to game soon, so if you'd like me to drop a rental code then just ask!

Link to team: https://pokepast.es/9f62c0d1525eb969

I prefer to use the Brave Azumarill over an Adamant or Jolly. Mainly because I have Trick Room available, and Zuzu is naturally slow. So I made it work. I hardly ever go full tilt into a mode. Thought about moving towards Amoongus instead of Indeedee-F cause Spore is the best Sleep move in the game. Then I remembered Expanding Force. Might be the most broken new move. 

EDIT: After some testing Aqua Jet over Liquidation 

Just a few things I'm seeing.

3 of your Pokes have weakness to poison, and no resistance there.  I'd probably swap out Indeede for some sort of Steel type.  Maybe swap it out for Excadrill who can be used as a Rapid Spinner.  Right now, you have no way to clear any sort of Toxic Spikes, Spikes, or Stealth Rock

Not a huge TR user myself, but seems weird to take Speed away in general.  I would probably roll with an Adamant nature in this scenario.

On 7/2/2020 at 12:16 PM, CWood21 said:

Just a few things I'm seeing.

3 of your Pokes have weakness to poison, and no resistance there.  I'd probably swap out Indeede for some sort of Steel type.  Maybe swap it out for Excadrill who can be used as a Rapid Spinner.  Right now, you have no way to clear any sort of Toxic Spikes, Spikes, or Stealth Rock

Not a huge TR user myself, but seems weird to take Speed away in general.  I would probably roll with an Adamant nature in this scenario.

I play Double's almost exclusively, and in VGC you don't see enough Hazards to warrant a rapid spinner. 

Jolly on Talonflame is to make sure I outspeed Whimsicott with Talonflame. I should have stated this was Doubles team. I just normally slap together pokemon for Singles laddering and it normally works out for me. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2020 at 11:19 PM, chiefs82 said:

I have Kadabra/Krookodile/Haunter on my team, should I keep them or replace them?

Also if I do keep them whos a good dragon to have?

Which game?  You'll want to evolve Kadabra and Haunter ASAP if you're keeping them.

2 hours ago, chiefs82 said:

Sword; I did trade them and ended up benching them

In game, you can win with just about anyone.  Usually I try and use new Pokes when starting a new generation.  There's quite a few new Dragons.  Dracovish is probably the most OP of the bunch.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got Calyrex and Spectrier.  Just grabbed all the Regis today, went with Regidrago.  Next up I'm going to track down the 3 birds.  Then the 3 beasts.  Really enjoying this DLC but I wish there was a rival to battle or Elite Four to run up against.  There are so many Pokemon but you can't really use them.  

Used to love the old versions going through the Elite 4 with different teams.

• 2 months later...

Had some good luck with my shiny hunting.  Got a shiny Treecko and Sobble the past few days.  Working on Litten right now.

EDIT: And now shiny Litten has appeared for me.

EDIT #2: Shiny Dhelmise is mine as well.  Working on Rowlet now.

EDIT #3: Shiny Rowlet is mine.  Going to EV train my guys and take a break from shiny hunting.