Everything Pokemon Thread!

22 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Are you thinking of Sun/Moon?  They didn't have gyms and the handholding was extreme.  It felt like you were being pulled through the game. 

Handholding was pretty bad in Sword/Shield. And I couldn't find an option to turn it off. 

4 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Are you thinking of Sun/Moon?  They didn't have gyms and the handholding was extreme.  It felt like you were being pulled through the game. 

they were the only mainline games I never finished, that feeling was part of it.

I mean Pokemon has usually funneled you, it just did a bad job at it from what i played.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Must not have played Sun/Moon then.

Someone else said that above, but yeah the last two mainline games have just been so underwhelming. Arceus it was at least understandable with the  new format.

Hearing there will be a 2 hour "tutorial area" in Scarlet/Violet. Not surprising, but will definitely take a toll on replayability. 

12 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Someone else said that above, but yeah the last two mainline games have just been so underwhelming. Arceus it was at least understandable with the  new format.

Hearing there will be a 2 hour "tutorial area" in Scarlet/Violet. Not surprising, but will definitely take a toll on replayability. 

2 hours?? No way to turn it off? Because that’s ridiculous 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

No way to know yet, but there has never been a way to turn tutorials or handholding off before so don't see why they would add it here. Would be great though to have the "is this your first time playing" option after you beat it once. 

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:
6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I'm not sure it's 2 hours of hand holding.  It's probably just very linear at the beginning of the game, and then you're free to roam.

This is what I hope, but tell me this is actually what you are expecting considering the last 3 games are S/M, Sw/Sh and Arceus. 

11 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

This is what I hope, but tell me this is actually what you are expecting considering the last 3 games are S/M, Sw/Sh and Arceus. 

I'm not sure we'll ever see hand-holding like SM.  And I wouldn't really call SwSh hand-holdy either.  I think you could argue it was a bit too linear, but it pretty much compares to every other game we've had (except Arceus).  But I look at what the last few games have gotten us that are new.  SwSh introduced the Wild Area, which was the first open-world format.  But if you went into the Wild Area at the beginning, you were met with level 60 Pokemon which were impossible to defeat.  It wasn't until later on that you were equipped to battle those.  Arceus was linear, although ti was definitely more open comparatively speaking.  It wasn't like you were allowed to go Alabaster Icelands immediately.

Okay, so...

I think I'll really like Arceus Legends.

Seems to have the completion aspect I look for in games like Spider-Man, Far Cry 4 I think and also some RPG elements and an open world.

What makes this game different from other Pokemon games? Are the other ones not so open world? Or is this the only one I'd like?

Also, is there any drawback to using the same Pokemon all the time? I like a couple of them a lot, but some of these things look dumb and I hate them.

Also, can any of the Pokemon you have die?