Everything Pokemon Thread!

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

I need this type of information.  Does the actual game tell you this or is this something you just have to know?

You're overthinking Pokemon, to be honest. The basics you need are the type advantages (Water beats Fire, Fire beats Grass, Grass defeats Water, etc.) as each Gym is type-exclusive, and that there are multiple different kinds of Pokeball's [Master > Ultra > Great > Poke (as a base)]. Pokemon can be harmed by status affects while in battle (put to sleep, poisoned, paralyzed, frozen), and there are items you can use mid-battle (in place of your attack move that turn) to heal them. 

I am sure there are a few more basics, but I'll keep it there unless I think of more to limit confusion. 

Edited by Nazgul

Basically I played Red/Blue and Gold/Silver a million hours as a kid but I haven’t really played since then except a small amount of X/Y on my friends 3DS. I was debating buying a 3DS and getting Sun/Moon when it came out but looking at the videos, the whole setting, and no gyms, it wasn’t the right game for me to jump back in. 

I’ll probably be making a 20 year return to Pokemon come late this year. 

• Like 1

While I think Let's Pikachu was not a normal installment and an attempt to get people into the normal installments, one thing they did really well was two player co-op. Absolutely amazing feature. Hopefully Sword/Shield will have this as well. Would love to just hook it up to my TV and my girlfriend play on each of the controllers and doing the journey together.

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

While I think Let's Pikachu was not a normal installment and an attempt to get people into the normal installments, one thing they did really well was two player co-op. Absolutely amazing feature. Hopefully Sword/Shield will have this as well. Would love to just hook it up to my TV and my girlfriend play on each of the controllers and doing the journey together.

Given Sword/Shield probably started development before Let's go, I'd bet against it. Much like why they didn't keep the newer capture system they just went back to the basics.

19 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Given Sword/Shield probably started development before Let's go, I'd bet against it. Much like why they didn't keep the newer capture system they just went back to the basics.

No that was definitely on purpose... the new capture system was only implement in the Let's Go games to try to get Pokemon Go users into the main installments. You won't see that again.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 12:17 AM, BayRaider said:

No that was definitely on purpose... the new capture system was only implement in the Let's Go games to try to get Pokemon Go users into the main installments. You won't see that again.

I'm thinking that they will try to keep them separate, so they can keep repackaging and selling the Let's Go franchise.  I have a feeling that the coop, catching mechanic, brighter art style, and the more casual play will all be something that remains in Let's Go, and then they can profit off of already designed maps, stories and pokes.  

Edited by jyod21

They probably keep the wild pokemon out in the open world to Let's Go, as well.  Maybe even having your pokemon follow you/ride them.  I also could just be completely overthinking this, and putting more stock into the Let's Go franchise than Game Freak intends to, haha. 

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

The one thing I could see them doing is continuing with Let's Go remakes. I think the main installments will stay the same to appease long time fans. And I do agree Let's Go was primarily to get Pokemon Go users to play/buy the full games. But if it was profitable enough, I could absolutely see them doing a Let's Go version of Gold/Silver/Crystal in some form next.

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

The one thing I could see them doing is continuing with Let's Go remakes. I think the main installments will stay the same to appease long time fans. And I do agree Let's Go was primarily to get Pokemon Go users to play/buy the full games. But if it was profitable enough, I could absolutely see them doing a Let's Go version of Gold/Silver/Crystal in some form next.

I can definitely see this and I give it a big boooooooooooo

28 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

@JBURGE

Seems like the new theory around the Legendaries is that it involved a Wooden Horse and a Snake.  It just so happens to tie into Sleipnir and Jormungandr from Norse mythology.

I don't know what to think of this but ok

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

@JBURGE

Seems like the new theory around the Legendaries is that it involved a Wooden Horse and a Snake.  It just so happens to tie into Sleipnir and Jormungandr from Norse mythology.

Possibly another connection to the Kalos region as they had many ties to Yggdrasil and the Tree of Life.

5 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I don't know what to think of this but ok

Neither do I.  Depends on how they take it.  The snake is presumably would be Dragon, but I'm not sure what the horse would be.  We've had a Fire and Ground horse types.