Jump to content

Everything Pokemon Thread!


Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, pwny said:

All the Pokémon you have are sent to your PC, and you start over with your level cap reset to the beginning. So you should be able to use anything you already have that is under your level cap, and as your cap increases, you’ll be able to get back all your Pokémon.

The Key Items and HMs reset, but you keep all your money and all other items including TMs. 

Very cool, but I can't use generation 5 pokemon in Firered correct? As it was never written into the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Very cool, but I can't use generation 5 pokemon in Firered correct? As it was never written into the game.

Just checked. I was able to buy an Axew and add it to my team, so looks like you can use them in any region. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pwny said:

Just checked. I was able to buy an Axew and add it to my team, so looks like you can use them in any region. 

Oh wow. I can run through Kanto with #DreamTeam up through Gen 5. Thats amazing

Link to post
Share on other sites

So in Lets Go Eevee, I just got two Pokemon that evolved.  Pretty awesome.  I have no idea what this means, though.  So I have three questions.

1.  Should I take the evolved Pokemon out of my party and put two new Pokemon in their place so the new one's can level up?

2.  What impact does evolving have on Pokemon?  I'm assuming it makes their stats better and they look different?  

3.  Should I continue to level up a Pokemon that has evolved?  Can they evolve more than once?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, showtime said:

So in Lets Go Eevee, I just got two Pokemon that evolved.  Pretty awesome.  I have no idea what this means, though.  So I have three questions.

1.  Should I take the evolved Pokemon out of my party and put two new Pokemon in their place so the new one's can level up?

2.  What impact does evolving have on Pokemon?  I'm assuming it makes their stats better and they look different?  

3.  Should I continue to level up a Pokemon that has evolved?  Can they evolve more than once?

1. Depends on your initial plan. Are you building a team for strength or trying to fill out the Pokédex? 

2. Better stats, sometimes access to better moves.

3. Again, do you want to use those Pokémon to battle with or are you just looking to fill out your Dex? Some Pokémon can evolve more than once. Some don’t evolve at all. You can check here for info on Pokémon including stats, evolution lines and other stuff. Just know you’re playing a Gen 1 game, so nothing that’s listed as a Gen 2 or later (Or has a Dex number over 151) is available to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, pwny said:

1. Depends on your initial plan. Are you building a team for strength or trying to fill out the Pokédex? 

2. Better stats, sometimes access to better moves.

3. Again, do you want to use those Pokémon to battle with or are you just looking to fill out your Dex? Some Pokémon can evolve more than once. Some don’t evolve at all. You can check here for info on Pokémon including stats, evolution lines and other stuff. Just know you’re playing a Gen 1 game, so nothing that’s listed as a Gen 2 or later (Or has a Dex number over 151) is available to you.

Thanks.  I guess I'll have to do some research on some things.

I'm actually really liking this game... more than I thought I would.  My Eevee is level 23 right now.  I mainly do combat with her because I've never found it necessary to use another character yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets Go Eevee is my second most played game on the Switch.  I'm pretty shocked by that because I had no clue whether or not I would enjoy the game.  The first hour and a half was really boring, but I'm glad I stuck with it.  I have a bit more than 10 hours played and I like it a lot.  I found out that you can link the game with Pokemon Go on the phone, so that caused me to download the app and try it out.

Really looking forward to the new Pokemon game later this year.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, showtime said:

Lets Go Eevee is my second most played game on the Switch.  I'm pretty shocked by that because I had no clue whether or not I would enjoy the game. 

Yup. There's a reason Mario is the only franchise to outsell Pokemon. Super accessible RPGs with great characters, varying gameplay, and depth if you want to do it. And the accessibility of Let's Go might be the best for newcomers to jump in with. 

Welcome to the family.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 11:22 PM, showtime said:

Lets Go Eevee is my second most played game on the Switch.  I'm pretty shocked by that because I had no clue whether or not I would enjoy the game.  The first hour and a half was really boring, but I'm glad I stuck with it.  I have a bit more than 10 hours played and I like it a lot.  I found out that you can link the game with Pokemon Go on the phone, so that caused me to download the app and try it out.

Really looking forward to the new Pokemon game later this year.

Too bad you didn't get into it in elementary school during the glory days. We used to lose our **** if someone had a holographic charizard and there were rumors abound about how to unlock new, evolve different pokemon, ect.. it was an amazing time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Too bad you didn't get into it in elementary school during the glory days. We used to lose our **** if someone had a holographic charizard and there were rumors abound about how to unlock new, evolve different pokemon, ect.. it was an amazing time.

Bring Mewthree and Pikablue back...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Bring Mewthree and Pikablue back...

Hey guys, if you do this one simple trick, you can get to the island with the truck. Then you just use Strength to move the truck, and there’s a Mew.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2019 at 1:10 PM, pwny said:

Hey guys, if you do this one simple trick, you can get to the island with the truck. Then you just use Strength to move the truck, and there’s a Mew.

>:(

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

And don't even get anyone started on MissingNo.

The Old Man Glitch was probably the only thing that was ever true with all those rumors.

It is pretty cool that after all those years, someone did actually figure out a way to glitch a mew into the game. Just never happened when I was playing them. We had to rely on the GameShark kids.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 2:51 PM, pwny said:

The Old Man Glitch was probably the only thing that was ever true with all those rumors.

It is pretty cool that after all those years, someone did actually figure out a way to glitch a mew into the game. Just never happened when I was playing them. We had to rely on the GameShark kids.

I mean there was the Special stat glitch that you could get any of the 151 Pokemon into the games.  I think I had a Mewtwo after Misty IIRC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...