Everything Pokemon Thread!

15 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I played Sun/Moon through once, and then once I realized Ultra wasn't any better, I only got through a couple hours. So thankfully that mostly passed me by

I know we've talked about that Gen a LOT, but that was the first generation I was hesitant about and it turned out to be true.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I know we've talked about that Gen a LOT, but that was the first generation I was hesitant about and it turned out to be true.

Me too. I don't kind with messing with the formula, but it just sucked. I would have been cool with it if it was a side game like let's go. 

After hunting for a shiny charmander for 13 hours I finally gave up and can't get myself to finish the game without him

Just now, JBURGE said:

Me too. I don't kind with messing with the formula, but it just sucked. I would have been cool with it if it was a side game like let's go. 

After hunting for a shiny charmander for 13 hours I finally gave up and can't get myself to finish the game without him

I mean, it had a TON of potential.  Take away all the hand holding, and make the Totem pokemon as some sort of sidequest it wouldn't have been too bad.

16 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, it had a TON of potential.  Take away all the hand holding, and make the Totem pokemon as some sort of sidequest it wouldn't have been too bad.

Honestly I have low hopes for Sword and Shield... coming to a new console that has done so well, a year after Let's Go mechanics, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there is a mega tutorial in this one too. 

36 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Honestly I have low hopes for Sword and Shield... coming to a new console that has done so well, a year after Let's Go mechanics, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there is a mega tutorial in this one too. 

I'm hoping they learned a little bit of a lesson from the negative feedback on Sun and Moon, from the excessive hand holding.  That would be a major letdown for me, if they didn't.  I couldn't get through Sun and Moon because of it, and just completely passed on Ultra.

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

I feel like one of the main people said it was going to be for more competitive gamers.

I hate change, so right off the bat the change in format really put me off from Sun and Moon. All in all it didn't end up being a bad experience, still fun, but as everyone says, the hand holding was out of control. No navigation required whatsoever, not with the red flag's constant presence. Meet a pokemon ONCE and you suddenly get it's strengths and weaknesses laid out for you in every subsequent encounter. Ridiculous.

I am doing a Nuzlocke run on US, and the added challenge has definitely made it a worthwhile playthrough. Still easily my least favorite gen, and it brought nothing notable to the table, whereas gen 6 masterfully brought the franchise to 3D.

21 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I hate change, so right off the bat the change in format really put me off from Sun and Moon. All in all it didn't end up being a bad experience, still fun, but as everyone says, the hand holding was out of control. No navigation required whatsoever, not with the red flag's constant presence. Meet a pokemon ONCE and you suddenly get it's strengths and weaknesses laid out for you in every subsequent encounter. Ridiculous.

I am doing a Nuzlocke run on US, and the added challenge has definitely made it a worthwhile playthrough. Still easily my least favorite gen, and it brought nothing notable to the table, whereas gen 6 masterfully brought the franchise to 3D.

Nintendo has no faith in the current youth. I remember trying to get through Rock Tunnel without Flash. I thought Black/White was the only one since Gen 1 that was actually a little difficult 

Can you still beat the game with a single Pokemon? I remember the old ones were super easy to wreck everything with a Charmander or Totodile or Mudkip. You only needed HM slaves.

Would be cool if having a diverse team actually mattered.

9 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Nintendo has no faith in the current youth. I remember trying to get through Rock Tunnel without Flash. I thought Black/White was the only one since Gen 1 that was actually a little difficult 

Hows online? Haven’t played pokemon since the original gold/silver, I would like a little more replay value than just the Single Player this go around, although still super fun. 

Probably am gonna but a Switch just for Sword/Shield and wanna make sure it’s worth it. 

8 minutes ago, JonStark said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

and all my expectations out the window with these giant *** pokemon lmao

Literally everything else in the trailer looked awesome, but I'm not sure if I can get past the giant part. 

They just can't help themselves

• Like 1