Everything Pokemon Thread!

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

and all my expectations out the window with these giant *** pokemon lmao

I mean, I get it.  I'm not overly fond of it, but they can't do the same thing every single time and expect it to work.  Z-moves were stupid because it was a one-turn boost and after that it was pointless.  Some of the mega evolutions were straight broken, so they had to try and find a happy medium.

Of the new Pokemon, Corvinight and Drednaw stood out to me.  Really interested to see if those end up having evolutions or not.  A little disappointed in Zacian's development.  I mean, putting a sword in a wolf's mouth is just lazy IMO.

18 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Looks like Giant Pokemon will be apart of every major battle which is a real disappointment. Every now and then as a gimmick is fine...

Ugh, already bad news. Hope it gets better. 

I'm already rolling my eyes thinking about having to watch the animation twice every 5 minutes 

Just now, JBURGE said:

I'm already rolling my eyes thinking about having to watch the animation twice every 5 minutes 

I actually love the Raid Idea with rare giant pokemon.... but battles? Especially every battle? Ugh. 

Still leaning towards getting the Switch and Game though. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I actually love the Raid Idea with rare giant pokemon.... but battles? Especially every battle? Ugh. 

Still leaning towards getting the Switch and Game though. 

Yeah I'm not against the raid idea. I agree completely with you that I don't want to have to do the giant thing every. single. battle.

16 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Yeah I'm not against the raid idea. I agree completely with you that I don't want to have to do the giant thing every. single. battle.

I'd be really surprised if it was every battle.  It looks like it's only for gyms/elite 4, and then the raids in the wild zone.  

8 hours ago, jyod21 said:

I'd be really surprised if it was every battle.  It looks like it's only for gyms/elite 4, and then the raids in the wild zone.  

Agreed.  I'd be VERY surprised if every battle and the dynamax.  I'd imagine it's going to be reserved for gym leaders and E4 battles.

I just watched a part of the direct.  Seems really cool. 

I saw that Nintendo is selling a bundle of both games.  I thought they were the same thing, so why would someone want both of them?  Is it just for hardcore collectors or are the games actually different or only certain things you can get in either game?

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I just watched a part of the direct.  Seems really cool. 

I saw that Nintendo is selling a bundle of both games.  I thought they were the same thing, so why would someone want both of them?  Is it just for hardcore collectors or are the games actually different or only certain things you can get in either game?

They release two games for every gen. Each one has game specific Pokemon that you can only get in that game.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

They release two games for every gen. Each one has game specific Pokemon that you can only get in that game.

Oh I see, so if you want to have all the Pokemon then you need to get both versions of the game.  I was starting to read about it then I saw you make this response.

Which game is everyone here going to buy, or are you all buying both?  Just based off the title, I was leaning more toward Shield since I'm more of a defensive person in games than aggressive.  Maybe that makes no sense in this type of game lol.