Everything Pokemon Thread!

Just now, JBURGE said:

Were Sun/Moon/US/UM just fine? If you say yes, the conversation is over

I have two separate play-throughs of 40+ hours each. I enjoyed them.
What didn't you like? I know you've mentioned the Island Challenges before (which I didn't mind either for the record), but SW/SH has gyms.
Is the concern now the Dynamaxing/Gigantamaxing? The National Dex? 

6 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

I have two separate play-throughs of 40+ hours each. I enjoyed them.
What didn't you like? I know you've mentioned the Island Challenges before (which I didn't mind either for the record), but SW/SH has gyms.
Is the concern now the Dynamaxing/Gigantamaxing? The National Dex? 

The concern with SM was the extremely linear hand holding story, the island challenges, the bad guys.... the whole game imo was a complete mess. 

This game, seems much of the same. Adding in a new one-gen battling system (mega's, whatever the moves were in SM, Gigantamaxing). The team of bad guys looks ridiculous. The National dex is unacceptable. Character design is poor outside the starters. Much of the same from gamefreak from the last few years. 

It's the trend that Pokemon is going and honestly it's a damn shame

Edited by JBURGE

I don't get why people are so upset about this game (I'm not referring to anyone here btw).  Is Pokemon kind of like Madden and 2K - where the game literally releases every single year and it's pretty much the same game with extremely minor improvements?  The only Pokemon game I've ever played is Lets Go Eevee and I thought it was really fun.  Apparently, that isn't a 'real' Pokemon game, though.  I'm really excited for Shield, but it kind of bums me out how so many hardcore players are just complaining about it non-stop, stating all these issues/potential problems.

I'm not really sure what to expect and I'm sure I'll really like Shield.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JBURGE said:

The concern with SM was the extremely linear hand holding story, the island challenges, the bad guys.... the whole game imo was a complete mess. 

This game, seems much of the same. Adding in a new one-gen battling system (mega's, whatever the moves were in SM, Gigantamaxing). The team of bad guys looks ridiculous. The National dex is unacceptable. Character design is poor outside the starters. Much of the same from gamefreak from the last few years. 

It's the trend that Pokemon is going and honestly it's a damn shame

Obviously we have some cool villains in the story (Magma, Aqua, Rocket come to mind) - so having a "bumbling idiots" sort of team is a bit of a bummer.
As nothing about them will probably be memorable. But that is okay too. As long as other things are done well (The Wilds, etc).

The National Pokedex thing I can understand too. That is a bit of a disappointment too. There isn't any excuse to be able to put them all  into a 3DS cartridge but not a Switch one.
I hope they rectify this when Pokemon Home comes out (same thing happened before Pokemon Bank) but I don't think they will change anything.

I don't mind the design of the revealed Pokemon at all though. The starters look cool (who knows about the evolutions of them yet though). Wooloo is fine, Drednaw is alright, Corviknight and Yamper are fine too. I thought Obstagoon looked cool (and I like the idea of regional variants adding a new evolution). The game itself has gotten touch-ups too. That's been shown from varying reveals since the original reveal of the game. So the "graphics" are being improved which makes sense since those usually are the last things to get updated before launch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nazgul said:

Obviously we have some cool villains in the story (Magma, Aqua, Rocket come to mind) - so having a "bumbling idiots" sort of team is a bit of a bummer.
As nothing about them will probably be memorable. But that is okay too. As long as other things are done well (The Wilds, etc).

The National Pokedex thing I can understand too. That is a bit of a disappointment too. There isn't any excuse to be able to put them all  into a 3DS cartridge but not a Switch one.
I hope they rectify this when Pokemon Home comes out (same thing happened before Pokemon Bank) but I don't think they will change anything.

I don't mind the design of the revealed Pokemon at all though. The starters look cool (who knows about the evolutions of them yet though). Wooloo is fine, Drednaw is alright, Corviknight and Yamper are fine too. I thought Obstagoon looked cool (and I like the idea of regional variants adding a new evolution). The game itself has gotten touch-ups too. That's been shown from varying reveals since the original reveal of the game. So the "graphics" are being improved which makes sense since those usually are the last things to get updated before launch.

You are a disappointment. 

• Like 1

I think this game will be fine, real gyms being back. That was the main reason I didn’t get Sun/Moon, the island challenges over gyms sounded awful. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. 

It’ll be fun sharing progress with you guys. Maybe we can set up a party and do some raids. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2019 at 3:18 PM, showtime said:

I don't get why people are so upset about this game (I'm not referring to anyone here btw).  Is Pokemon kind of like Madden and 2K - where the game literally releases every single year and it's pretty much the same game with extremely minor improvements?  The only Pokemon game I've ever played is Lets Go Eevee and I thought it was really fun.  Apparently, that isn't a 'real' Pokemon game, though.  I'm really excited for Shield, but it kind of bums me out how so many hardcore players are just complaining about it non-stop, stating all these issues/potential problems.

I'm not really sure what to expect and I'm sure I'll really like Shield.

A little late to the party, but I don't think that Sun/Moon/US/UM were in the same mold as the previous games.  They were all very significantly different.  That was a significant amount of hand holding as @JBURGE mentioned.  It's a beginner game that's playing with a large majority of gamers who are very familiar with them.  I mean, at least give the option to decline that hand holding.  And I don't even hate the idea of Totem Pokemon.  I hate the idea of Totem pokemon effectively replacing Gym Leaders.  If you would have to face random Totem pokemon to "earn" the Z-crystals, that would have worked.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Only a month away. As usual with games hyped up super early, the hype mega died down but will climb right back up since we are so close. 

I did see Pre Orders for Extra Pokeballs, now this doesn’t mean there will be micro transactions in the game but if there is, I’ll be p***ed. Microtransactions instantly ruin the quality of every game as all the developers care about is that.