Everything Pokemon Thread!

On 10/11/2019 at 4:23 PM, BayRaider said:

Not true, they have ruined every sports game and are spreading like wildfire. I heard Ghost Recon was destroyed by it. 

The problem is that, since I can remember from the PS3/360 days, games are $60, and that hasn't changed.  Sure, we have some collectors editions which sell for more, but since 2005, just think about how much inflation we've seen across the board.  Even looking at it from a wages perspective only, it costs more to make a game and they are charging the same price.  This started with DLC content like map packs, and is quickly morphing into a pay to unlock things earlier.  

If it meant that I could get a truly immersive Mass Effect single player experience again (just for instance) in exchange for paying $100 for the game, I'd do it every time.  I would be in favor of a changing cost for a game, where it's FTP or cheap to buy something where you encourage micros, and also having the choice to have the Triple A titles cost more to get more out of them.  

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

@JBURGE do you play Go?

I own it, but I didn't finish it. I made the mistake of trying to get a shiny charmander when I got to the Rock Tunnel. I chained enough Geodude's that I am have ~10 guys way over-leveled, so I never got around to finishing it. I also didn't get a shiny charmander. :( 

4 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I own it, but I didn't finish it. I made the mistake of trying to get a shiny charmander when I got to the Rock Tunnel. I chained enough Geodude's that I am have ~10 guys way over-leveled, so I never got around to finishing it. I also didn't get a shiny charmander. :( 

I was referring to Pokemon GO, the mobile game.

I am so excited for these games. Only reason I got a switch as well as stated above. I’ve been a fan since Red/Blue and got super into during the SoulSilver Era. 

Tyranitar is probably my favorite Mon because I’ve always loved the Godzilla inspiration. 

Duraludon is going to replace T-Tar for especially if that Hidden Ability is better than the Heavy/Light Metal Combo. Maybe Intimidate or an Upgraded version of Mega Launcher since its going to be using Beam moves more often than not. More I think about. I might use both Tyranitar and Duraludon. 

but the fact it learns Steel Beam and will have pretty high Sp. ATK (rumores from people playing it early). He will be a fun running mate for him. I’m super excited for him and Impidimp 

9 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Any good websites or emulators out there online where I can play some of the older titles that actually save your progress?

You just use emulator save states. VBA, for Gameboy/(Advance) titles, Desmume for DS titles, Citrus for 3DS titles.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

So who’s getting day one? You guys gonna be my pokemon crew. 

Image result for this guy gif

15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Yuck. Probably another terrible EA Star Wars game. At least wait for reviews. 

it actually looks really good. I'm gonna go with Pokemon first, but SW is right after. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BayRaider said:

So who’s getting day one? You guys gonna be my pokemon crew. 

I haven’t played a Pokemon game in 15 or so years lol but I gripped Sword for day one. Buying the switch really brought back all the nostalgia of playing Nintendo as a kid 

5 hours ago, RBreezy said:

I haven’t played a Pokemon game in 15 or so years lol but I gripped Sword for day one. Buying the switch really brought back all the nostalgia of playing Nintendo as a kid 

Yep same camp here. I only bought a Switch for Pokemon. I have Super Smash Bros Ultimate and Marvel Ultimate Alliance but literally have only sunk 4 hours into each game and have had both a while. 

Just waitin for that Pokemon....

• Like 2