Everything Pokemon Thread!

3 hours ago, JBURGE said:

That has to be a bottom 1 design for a starter evolution

I feel like each generation one had a massive flaw.  In Gen 1, Venasuar was virtually unusable given it's part Poison type.  In Gen 2, Feraligatr was useless since it's attacks were special based.  And Meganium was nothing more than a utility Pokemon.  Gen 3 was a solid generation across the board.  Gen 4 had Infernape, which was a worse version of Blaziken.  All of Gen 5 was bad.  With the exception of Chesnaught, Gen 6 was pretty cool to have those type pairings.   Gen 7 was solid around.  As far as design, I think it's up there with Emboar and Chesnaught.

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Sobble was always a no go for me. Was always between Scorbunny and Gronkey (spell check). Leaning towards the grass one depending on Scorbunnys evolution. Has its eveolution been released yet?

Yes.  Almost certainly going to be Grookey if I don't trade all the starters in.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:
3 hours ago, JBURGE said:

That has to be a bottom 1 design for a starter evolution

I feel like each generation one had a massive flaw.  In Gen 1, Venasuar was virtually unusable given it's part Poison type.  In Gen 2, Feraligatr was useless since it's attacks were special based.  And Meganium was nothing more than a utility Pokemon.  Gen 3 was a solid generation across the board.  Gen 4 had Infernape, which was a worse version of Blaziken.  All of Gen 5 was bad.  With the exception of Chesnaught, Gen 6 was pretty cool to have those type pairings.   Gen 7 was solid around.  As far as design, I think it's up there with Emboar and Chesnaught.

Emboar is lame, Chesnaught was pretty cool imo. This water one is flat out disgusting

I've stayed away from everything involving this game.  Haven't seen many or any trailers or anything like that.  When I was at work today, my co-worker was saying you're supposed to pick a legendary pokemon at the start of the game (or whatever the hell they were saying).  Who am I supposed to pick?  Are they all equal or are some gonna end up being stronger than the others?

21 minutes ago, showtime said:

I've stayed away from everything involving this game.  Haven't seen many or any trailers or anything like that.  When I was at work today, my co-worker was saying you're supposed to pick a legendary pokemon at the start of the game (or whatever the hell they were saying).  Who am I supposed to pick?  Are they all equal or are some gonna end up being stronger than the others?

I don't think that's the case.  You usually have a version-exclusive legendary.  Presumably Zacian will be for Sword and Zamazenta will be for Shield.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Which one is better?  Ima pre order it sometime before it comes out.

The only thing we know at this point is their design I believe.  That and we know that Zacian is at least part Fairy.  Probably going to be purely a preference.  I'd imagine Zacian will be offensive-based while Zazamenta will be defensive-based.

Well Shield Version has been played through. We basically have the entire Pokédex available and He’s comprised a list of Pokémon with “No Area Found” when searching for their location (Which typically means they can’t be found in game). 

I have the almost completed List of Version Differences saved if you guys want me to post it. If there are people present that would rather not be spoiled, I’ll hold back the info. 

1 hour ago, YogiBiz said:

Well Shield Version has been played through. We basically have the entire Pokédex available and He’s comprised a list of Pokémon with “No Area Found” when searching for their location (Which typically means they can’t be found in game). 

I have the almost completed List of Version Differences saved if you guys want me to post it. If there are people present that would rather not be spoiled, I’ll hold back the info. 

post it under a spoiler tag [spoiler!][/spoiler!] without the !'s

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

This is all the confirmed Version Differences and a few as of yet unconfirmed ones that are very likely. 

Gyms: Fighting and Rock in Sword, Ghost and Ice in Shield

Pokemon:
Sword:
Farfetch'd and Sirfetch'd
Gothita, Gothorita, and Gothitelle
Deino, Zweilous, and Hydreigon
Turtonator
Jangmo-o, Hakamo-o, and Kommo-o
Rufflet and Braviary
Applin evolves into Flapple

Shield:
Ponyta and Rapidash
Solosis, Duosion, and Reuniclus
Pupitar, Larvitar, and Tyranitar
Drampa
Goomy, Sliggoo, and Goodra
Vullaby and Mandibuzz
Applin evolves into Appletun

Speculated but unconfirmed:
Darumaka, Darmanitan, and Stonjourner for Sword
Corsola, Cursola, and Eiscue for Shield

Reasons for the speculation is that Sirfetch'd being a new Pokemon doesn't make it a direct counterpart to Rapidash and since it's pure Fighting and Sword has a Fighting gym, Cursola could be its pure Ghost counterpart. The Shield leaker didn't have the Darumaka line as captured in his dex, so it could be the Sword counterpart to Ponyta. If those two gyms have their own exclusive Pokemon to go with them, then it can be assumed that the Rock and Ice type gyms do as well, and Stonjourner and Eiscue are the only Pokemon of those types I can think of on equal footing as single stages, and they're both right next to each other in the dex

@JBURGE @jyod21

Here is a picture of all new Pokémon with a quite a few G-Max forms missing 

Duraludon, and Copperajah are confirmed to have a G-Max form can’t find the photo lol 

yes that is a Mr. Mime evo. 
9tjrfdi_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Edited by YogiBiz
  • Like 1

I think what @showtime might of been asking about is starter pokemon? Every pokemon game you start with a grass, fire, or water pokemon. All have their advantages and disadvantages. Water beats fire, Fire beats Ice/Grass (I think), Grass beats Water among others. 

I always go Grass or Fire. I hate water starters. Plus I think Sobbles artwork is the worst of the three anyways.