Everything Pokemon Thread!

• 2 weeks later...

Started up Silver again. First game I ever played.

I did the glitch to get all the starters, but just rolling with chikorita for now.

End team I'm thinking:

Meganium

Kingdra

Pidgeot

Ampharos

Nidoking

Houndoom?

Not sold on last Pokemon. Who do you take instead of Houndoom? How's the team look?

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Is that the original Silver or is it Soul Silver? Glitching makes it sound like the original.

I beat the original with only my Feraligatr. And you could sweep the E4 with Houndoom. So your team doesn't really matter a whole lot.

Based on the glitch part, it has to be the regular silver because I believe they fixed that glitch issue in Soul Silver.  I remember Feraligatr was useless in the original GSC.  No access to Dragon Dance and couldn't even use his Attack stat due to the fact that all the Water moves at that time were Special-based.

29 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Based on the glitch part, it has to be the regular silver because I believe they fixed that glitch issue in Soul Silver.  I remember Feraligatr was useless in the original GSC.  No access to Dragon Dance and couldn't even use his Attack stat due to the fact that all the Water moves at that time were Special-based.

Didn't stop me from beating every single trainer I faced with him. And only him. All the way through Red. He was a badass. And the original was stupid easy.

Think he had Slash, Bite, Surf, and something. The only other Pokés I had were HM slaves.

13 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Didn't stop me from beating every single trainer I faced with him. And only him. All the way through Red. He was a badass. And the original was stupid easy.

Think he had Slash, Bite, Surf, and something. The only other Pokés I had were HM slaves.

The problem is that just about any Poke can be dominant in-game.  Feraligatr didn't become viable until a few generations later.

Me and my bestie are playing through all the remakes of the older generations and we are currently on Fire Red/Leaf Green.  Trying to use all Pokemon I've never used before, so I'm thinking...

Dragonite
Machamp
Poliwrath
Arcanine/Rapidash
Electabuzz
Rhydon

I'm not sure about the last one.  The only 2 for sure I'm going to use are Dragonite and Machamp.

On 10/31/2017 at 9:03 PM, CWood21 said:

Yeah, regular silver.

None of my friends have the game so I'm going:

Houndoom

Dragonite

Ampharos

Meganium

Nidoking

Lapras

My team for Gold right now (DS)

Horsea (leveling for now)

Heracross

Magmar

Golem

Jynx (bred a Smoochum to get to Psychic)

Gengar

All around 40 except Horsea. I'm about to battle Claire. I'll post my Silver team later on. I was at the 5th gym and forget who i all had. I think it's Pinsir, Onix,... and two others? Flaffy maybe?

On 11/3/2017 at 4:19 PM, SteelKing728 said:

Yeah, regular silver.

None of my friends have the game so I'm going:

Houndoom
Dragonite
Ampharos
Meganium
Nidoking
Lapras

Can't get Houndoom until after the E4 if you're okay with that.  Can't get Dragonite until near the end either.