Everything Pokemon Thread!

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Go is the only Pokemon game I've ever played and I really enjoyed it.  It's my second most played Switch game.

So, JBURGE, should I be afraid?  Because I'm very afraid.

o.O

There's definitely more depth in these main series games, but from all first glances, it should be the most accessible one yet. If you like traditional RPGs with party management and customization aspects, and you liked Go, you should like these new games.

While the games overall are very easy in terms of difficulty, you can kind of take them as far as you want and make it much more challenging in the end game. Breeding and competitive battling have so much depth and can be really fun, but they are entirely optional. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

There's definitely more depth in these main series games, but from all first glances, it should be the most accessible one yet. If you like traditional RPGs with party management and customization aspects, and you liked Go, you should like these new games.

While the games overall are very easy in terms of difficulty, you can kind of take them as far as you want and make it much more challenging in the end game. Breeding and competitive battling have so much depth and can be really fun, but they are entirely optional. 

I'm excited for next Friday.  I was considering calling off work, but I probably won't do that haha.  That trailer that was posted today looks so awesome.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

I just watched this trailer and it seems way different than Pokemon Lets Go.

It is.  Let's Go is pretty similar to Pokemon GO, just has more to do with the storyline from the original games that were set in Kanto.  This is closer to the original line of games.

3 hours ago, showtime said:

Go is the only Pokemon game I've ever played and I really enjoyed it.  It's my second most played Switch game.

So, JBURGE, should I be afraid?  Because I'm very afraid.

o.O

I wouldn't be. You're going in without the experience of playing the previous games in the series. 

Personally I have little excitement and hope for it lol

6 hours ago, showtime said:

I'm really torn on which version of the game to get.  It was easier to pick months ago, but now that the pressure is on I'm throwing like Russell Wilson on the last play of the SB vs the Patriots! 

=)

Haha don't throw a pick brah! If you just wanna do story is probably go sword. But if you want to get into comp id go shield. Goodra is solid, and Tyranitar (my favorite Pokemon) is just a monster in comp battles. Not to mention a lot of his counters aren't in the Galar dex.  

Man I'm a nerd

• Like 1

11 hours ago, showtime said:

I'm really torn on which version of the game to get.  It was easier to pick months ago, but now that the pressure is on I'm throwing like Russell Wilson on the last play of the SB vs the Patriots! 

=)

It doesn't matter much. It seems there is a decent community here where people here can trade you to get you whatever version exclusives you don't have. Pick whatever dog you think looks cooler.