Everything Pokemon Thread!

6 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

My list would be pretty different from this, but my biggest rise/fall would be the bolded

I couldn't really stand Hoenn because all of the god damned water everywhere and the surfing and diving. It was just annoying so much. I also didn't like the pokemon all that much. The game itself was pretty decent until you got past the Flying Gym (Badge 6) after that it was a pain in the ***. 

I really liked Platinum, I actually liked the whole cast of pokemon and how old pokemon got new evolutions. I also liked Sinnoh a lot more than Johto. Legendaries were super awesome in DPPt and the story was much more refined and had a feeling of focus in platinum, the distortion world is still the coolest thing in all of Pokemon ever frankly. AND, MOST IMPORTANTLY, this is when they implemented the modern Physical/Special split that should have been in the game from the beginning. It made the previous gens feel almost unplayable by comparison.

Why is X and Y hated so much?  I really enjoyed X and Y.  SM were the ones that I couldn't finish, and I USUM is the first set of games I had no interest in, because of it.  

Preorderd Shield yesterday.  I was going to wait, but didn't see the price dropping any time, so I just took the Amazon credit.    

26 minutes ago, Danger said:

I couldn't really stand Hoenn because all of the god damned water everywhere and the surfing and diving. It was just annoying so much. I also didn't like the pokemon all that much. The game itself was pretty decent until you got past the Flying Gym (Badge 6) after that it was a pain in the ***. 

I really liked Platinum, I actually liked the whole cast of pokemon and how old pokemon got new evolutions. I also liked Sinnoh a lot more than Johto. Legendaries were super awesome in DPPt and the story was much more refined and had a feeling of focus in platinum, the distortion world is still the coolest thing in all of Pokemon ever frankly. AND, MOST IMPORTANTLY, this is when they implemented the modern Physical/Special split that should have been in the game from the beginning. It made the previous gens feel almost unplayable by comparison.

The nostalgia of gen 3 probably is what has it so high for me. The remakes are my favorite remakes because of that + the physical/special moves. 

My favourite all time was G/S, but that doesn't hold up well, nor do the remakes, mainly due to the extremely limited amount of available pokemon in the early game. 

9 minutes ago, jyod21 said:

Why is X and Y hated so much?  I really enjoyed X and Y.  SM were the ones that I couldn't finish, and I USUM is the first set of games I had no interest in, because of it.  

Preorderd Shield yesterday.  I was going to wait, but didn't see the price dropping any time, so I just took the Amazon credit.    

Three reasons to sum it up.

1. The game was too easy
  2. Each and every character was unimportant and forgettable
  3. The Antagonists had a really poor portrayal throughout the entire game and then last second the game tries to pull off a seemingly nonsensical plot twist, tl;dr Lysandre is actually Thanos

1. My entire team was 10 levels over the gym leaders' best mon... by the 4th gym, and no I didn't grind at all. I never had to think one bit I just clicked attack with whatever pokemon I felt with and won every time. Not to mention you're given a free Mega Lucario super early, a Mega Kanto Starter on top of the starter you already got. Literally rolled over the Elite 4 and champion like they were all Youngster Joey.
2. I can only remember the name of one character in the entire game. Lysandre. In previous games the gym leaders and elite 4, you'd interact with them before and after your primary encounters with them. Gen 4 was great at this. They also all had character (see gen 5 for that). They were memorable. But in XY you only ever saw them inside their building and they were all dull.
3. The entire game Team Flare is projected as just a bunch of narcissistic basic b****es. Then all of the sudden (nah we wanna kill everyone so that some can live) The pacing and presentation was awful.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, jyod21 said:

I think @Danger is in the minority on this one.  They were solid overall games.

43 minutes ago, Danger said:

Three reasons to sum it up.

1. The game was too easy
  2. Each and every character was unimportant and forgettable
  3. The Antagonists had a really poor portrayal throughout the entire game and then last second the game tries to pull off a seemingly nonsensical plot twist, tl;dr Lysandre is actually Thanos

1. My entire team was 10 levels over the gym leaders' best mon... by the 4th gym, and no I didn't grind at all. I never had to think one bit I just clicked attack with whatever pokemon I felt with and won every time. Not to mention you're given a free Mega Lucario super early, a Mega Kanto Starter on top of the starter you already got. Literally rolled over the Elite 4 and champion like they were all Youngster Joey.
2. I can only remember the name of one character in the entire game. Lysandre. In previous games the gym leaders and elite 4, you'd interact with them before and after your primary encounters with them. Gen 4 was great at this. They also all had character (see gen 5 for that). They were memorable. But in XY you only ever saw them inside their building and they were all dull.
3. The entire game Team Flare is projected as just a bunch of narcissistic basic b****es. Then all of the sudden (nah we wanna kill everyone so that some can live) The pacing and presentation was awful.  

Going to go ahead and give you a like for the Youngster Joey reference.

Just now, JBURGE said:

Not sure I agree. I would say they are a bottom 2 of the 7 gens released so far. 

Not sure what was so bad about XY.  They brought forth Mega evolutions, which were a nice spin and made some previous unviable Pokemon viable again.  It introduced the new Fairy type that helped balance the types.  It wasn't anything special, but it was a solid overall game.  Other than the storyline, I thought BW and BW2 weren't very good.

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Not sure what was so bad about XY.  They brought forth Mega evolutions, which were a nice spin and made some previous unviable Pokemon viable again.  It introduced the new Fairy type that helped balance the types.  It wasn't anything special, but it was a solid overall game.  Other than the storyline, I thought BW and BW2 weren't very good.

Loved that BW2 had challenge mode. Pokemon were cool.

Also I did like Mega Evolutions from the competitive standpoint, but they weren't implemented well into the story at all IMO. ORAS did much better with that aspect.