Everything Pokemon Thread!

10 hours ago, Tyty said:

Is it lame af that I haven’t played Pokémon red since I was a kid but still remember which Pokémon everyone I’m facing has now that I’m playing Pokémon let’s go pikachu or whatever for the first time lol

I could pick up Gold or Silver and probably tell you every Poké I'm about to fight everywhere. And I haven't played that game in at least 10 years.

4 hours ago, Danger said:

Loved that BW2 had challenge mode. Pokemon were cool.

Also I did like Mega Evolutions from the competitive standpoint, but they weren't implemented well into the story at all IMO. ORAS did much better with that aspect.

Challenge mode wasn't unlocked until you beat another game, and transferred the key to another game.

4 hours ago, Danger said:

Biggest downside to Gen 5 in my opinion was the overabundance of... linear paths. You felt like you were just walking on a tight rope in terms of exploration. That's my only real complaint.

I mean, every Pokemon game is pretty linear.  This isn't BotW.  You're going to go in a relatively linear path.   I mean, even going to back to Gen 1 it was linear.  You had to beat Brock in order to leave Pewter City.  You need to beat Misty in order to be able to use Cut to leave Cerulean City, etc.

16 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, every Pokemon game is pretty linear.  This isn't BotW.  You're going to go in a relatively linear path.   I mean, even going to back to Gen 1 it was linear.  You had to beat Brock in order to leave Pewter City.  You need to beat Misty in order to be able to use Cut to leave Cerulean City, etc.

Yeah but the layout of the game and the order you traveled things at least make it appear less Linear. I'm talking from a literal sense. BW was like following a treasure map. In gens 1,2,3,4 you were doubling back around the landscape.