Everything Pokemon Thread!

On 5/10/2020 at 11:41 AM, CWood21 said:

How do you like it so far?

It’s pretty good.

I like that there’s less necessary grinding, and I’m a big fan of the quality of life improvements.

Mild dislike for the TRs, after having TMs turn to unlimited use.

Still trying to build a team I like. The lack of options is a little annoying. 

5 hours ago, pwny said:

I have 4 badges rn.

Current team: 
Toxtricity
Rillaboom
Grimmsnarl 
Sirfetch’d
Rotom Heat
Barraskewda

Only am married to keeping the first three. 

I used Toxitrcity and Grimmsnarl on my 1st playthrough. They're awesome, though Grimmsnarl does get 1 hit somewhat frequently. 

With exp share on I find myself using Gyarados in a lot of playthroughs. He was definitely in my 1st too

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I used Toxitrcity and Grimmsnarl on my 1st playthrough. They're awesome, though Grimmsnarl does get 1 hit somewhat frequently. 

With exp share on I find myself using Gyarados in a lot of playthroughs. He was definitely in my 1st too

I’m trying to use a team that’s almost entirely pokés I haven’t used before. Only repeat is Farfetch’d that’s now Sirfetch’d, but I haven’t used that since my main play through on Blue 20 years ago.

Any suggestions you or anyone else have for the final three slots? I’m probably going to add a Dreepy once I can catch it. The last two slots, I was leaning Water and Fire types with at least one a special attacker since the rest of my team (except Tox) are all physical.

32 minutes ago, pwny said:

I’m trying to use a team that’s almost entirely pokés I haven’t used before. Only repeat is Farfetch’d that’s now Sirfetch’d, but I haven’t used that since my main play through on Blue 20 years ago.

Any suggestions you or anyone else have for the final three slots? I’m probably going to add a Dreepy once I can catch it. The last two slots, I was leaning Water and Fire types with at least one a special attacker since the rest of my team (except Tox) are all physical.

That’s the good and bad thing about this game; so many Pokémon to use but limited options in some of those types 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

That’s the good and bad thing about this game; so many Pokémon to use but limited options in some of those types 

Yeah, I feel like if I want to hit the typing I want to fill out this team, I’m almost going to *have* to go with Charizard and Milotic again. 

6 hours ago, pwny said:

I am a huge fan of the fire centipede. Centiskorch or whatever. Viable throughout the game 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I am a huge fan of the fire centipede. Centiskorch or whatever. Viable throughout the game 

Honestly, I was kinda disappointed with him.  Cool idea, but ultimately disappointing.  Used Cinderace in the tower thing at the end, and it mauled everything.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, I was kinda disappointed with him.  Cool idea, but ultimately disappointing.  Used Cinderace in the tower thing at the end, and it mauled everything.

The starters this gen are butt in terms of aesthetics. I used Rillaboom and the water dude for my 2 playthroughs and they were both in a box before the 7th gym. When I go back I will use Cinderace because I know his soccer ball move is great.

I will disagree with you about Centiskorch. However I an partial to bug types, a lot of my favourite mons have been part bug: Heracross, Vikavolt, Escavalier, Centiskorch. I want to try Araquanid too because of his ability, but I always find a better water or bug type, and I don't love physical water attackers, and if I go that route, I'd better just go Gyarados

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

The starters this gen are butt in terms of aesthetics. I used Rillaboom and the water dude for my 2 playthroughs and they were both in a box before the 7th gym. When I go back I will use Cinderace because I know his soccer ball move is great.

I will disagree with you about Centiskorch. However I an partial to bug types, a lot of my favourite mons have been part bug: Heracross, Vikavolt, Escavalier, Centiskorch. I want to try Araquanid too because of his ability, but I always find a better water or bug type, and I don't love physical water attackers, and if I go that route, I'd better just go Gyarados

Please tell me you like Scolipede and Leavanny.

I agree on the bolded part. Beedrill was my go-to Mon back in the day. I'm also partial to poison, ground, and steel types. Venusaur, Beedrill, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, and Crobat were my original team on my first playthrough (Leaf Green). Of course, we were wrecked by psychic types regularly, but I was seven and the poison types were super cool.

Edited by HoboRocket