Everything Pokemon Thread!

13 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Agreed about the fire type.  Ran through my first play through with Centiskortch and Coalossal and both ended up being on the sideline for most battles.

Did you find a good water type? Or just don’t use them often?

26 minutes ago, pwny said:

I used Gyarados. Which is kinda boring because of how many times I have used him in the newer games since Share Exp All came into play. But he was pretty great

11 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I used Gyarados. Which is kinda boring because of how many times I have used him in the newer games since Share Exp All came into play. But he was pretty great

Yeah, I’ve used Gyarados a decent amount too. Most every play through I’ve done has left me with Starmie or Gyarados if I’m not using the water starter. I was trying to avoid any pokes that would be repeats, and it really cut down on what I could use. 

Also not that not having them gave me any trouble, but I had been hoping to get a 50/50 mix of attackers and special attackers, and the latter is just completely bare for decent options this generation. The only one I ended up using was Toxtricity. I’m thinking about using Eternatus for post-game play even though I normally ignore legendaries for my teams, just to give me some high power special attacks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Also not that not having them gave me any trouble, but I had been hoping to get a 50/50 mix of attackers and special attackers, and the latter is just completely bare for decent options this generation. The only one I ended up using was Toxtricity. I’m thinking about using Eternatus for post-game play even though I normally ignore legendaries for my teams, just to give me some high power special attacks.

This is bang on. I struggled with this in both playthroughs too. For a game with so many viable pokemon, it was pretty weird. I like my elemental types (fire, water, electric) to be special along with psychic, grass if possible. 

I am waiting until all the DLC is out to play through again, and I'm in no rush anyway. I played it twice pretty quickly. 

10 hours ago, pwny said:

I usually have at least one water in every playthrough I have.  I used Drednaw in this one, and he/she served me well.  Very specific style though as it's SpA is horrible.  115 Base Attack plus Strong Jaw packs a punch.  Turns Bite in Base Attack of 90 or Jaw Lock into 120.  You can give it Ice Fang too to utilize Strong Jaw.  Barraskewda works tremendously if used properly, which means it needs Rain Dance to be in play.  More of a quick punch rather than someone who is going to stick around for a long battle.