Everything Pokemon Thread!

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Chikorita is one of the weakest starters ever.

I wouldn't hesitate to say Chikorita is the worst starter ever in terms of use. Snivy up there too. I still like the design of both.

I remember being so hyped for Snivy when they leaked the images, and I used him on my first playthrough. Seeing his base stats on Serebii was a bug bruh moment

Edited by JBURGE

On 3/30/2021 at 9:27 AM, JBURGE said:

I wouldn't hesitate to say Chikorita is the worst starter ever in terms of use. Snivy up there too. I still like the design of both.

I remember being so hyped for Snivy when they leaked the images, and I used him on my first playthrough. Seeing his base stats on Serebii was a bug bruh moment

Contrary Snivy had it's value though.  You could spam Leaf Storm for free SpA upgrades.

On 3/27/2021 at 9:52 PM, bucsfan333 said:

Totodile is my homie, and might be my favorite starter.

On 3/28/2021 at 6:05 PM, CWood21 said:

Cyndaquil but they're all terrible.

I remember them fondly because of hunting for info in that gen. Like I’d find Japanese cards or magazines at this one stand at the flea market we’d go to. So like finding out the first new set of starters was big. Same with that whole second generation and the games.

But yeah in hindsight they weren’t great (like a lot of starters). But Totodile was good at least.

Totodile is one of the best designs ever for a starter (non-evolved). Not even sure how many I would put in that tier, not many. But yeah in actual Gen 2 he was pretty bad. As @CWood21 said everything changes when 4th gen came and split up physical/special. One of the reasons I was cool with the remakes even if they added a bunch of garbage in

• Like 2

On 3/31/2021 at 3:33 PM, JBURGE said:

Totodile is one of the best designs ever for a starter (non-evolved). Not even sure how many I would put in that tier, not many. But yeah in actual Gen 2 he was pretty bad. As @CWood21 said everything changes when 4th gen came and split up physical/special. One of the reasons I was cool with the remakes even if they added a bunch of garbage in

I Loved the storyline for Gold/SIlver/Crystal the best. I just wish they would have done GBA remakes of them because the GBA emulator was the best one out there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Competitively, sure. But it never mattered in the game.

It was though.  When all of Feraligatr's moves were Special Attack-based, but his SpA was horrible while his Attack was fantastic.  It wasn't until HGSS that Totodile was actually viable.

On 3/16/2021 at 12:24 PM, Danger said:

On a different note:

I'm working on a fan game with a couple of other people. 5 people in total. We've got a composer and someone to make original sprites. It'll be released episodically.

And while you might not be able to go quite as fast as VBA speed boost, there is a speed up mode in that. I'll post a link to it when the first part is done hopefully within a month. Our team's been working on it for well over a year now in our spare time. Would be honored if any of y'all tried it out.

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

It was though.  When all of Feraligatr's moves were Special Attack-based, but his SpA was horrible while his Attack was fantastic.  It wasn't until HGSS that Totodile was actually viable.

I beat the entire game with only a Feraligatr. It didn't matter.

• Like 1