Everything Pokemon Thread!

On 4/27/2021 at 9:35 AM, Heimdallr said:

I wasn't aware that there was DLC for Sword/Shield.. how is it? 

I played through it once and haven't touched it again since it was such an easy game and there wasn't much of a reason to play again. What is the DLC like?

I think it's $30 apiece, but there might be a bundle deal where you get both for $50.  I don't know.  The first part is a small island and the theme is "training".  The second DLC was about "exploration".  Neither are overly long.

13 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Any word on how long Snap is going to be?

https://www.ign.com/articles/new-pokemon-snap-review 

New Pokémon Snap also has far more story to drive it along, with a Pokémon professor named Mirror and his crew of research assistants trying to solve yet another Pokémon mystery

You'll visit a sparkling beach, a dense jungle, a desert, underwater caverns, and several more locations, all of which look better than I've seen any Pokémon game look yet

New Pokémon Snap gracefully avoids Pokémon Snap's problem of repeating the exact same courses ad infinitum in several ways. Most courses get both day and night versions, with each variation including more than enough distinct Pokémon and interactions to merit the duplication. Many courses also hide branching pathways, some obvious and some hidden, that let you get better views on certain monsters or discover new ones entirely.

Good as all this was, by the end of New Pokémon Snap – which I reached after about 15 hours – I greedily wanted there to be even more to these observable plotlines and was disappointed when grinding to finish Research Level 3 didn't magically throw me into a course overflowing with exciting new Pokémon and interactions. All I got was an achievement.

After a 22-year gap, New Pokémon Snap is a successful modern reinvention of all the best ideas of Pokémon Snap, with more courses, more Pokémon, and more reasons to revisit familiar spots in pursuit of the perfect shot.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 10:35 AM, Heimdallr said:

I wasn't aware that there was DLC for Sword/Shield.. how is it? 

I played through it once and haven't touched it again since it was such an easy game and there wasn't much of a reason to play again. What is the DLC like?

Isle of Armor was very quick, Tundra introduced replayability with the dens.
Can farm legendaries and shiny legendaries if you don't mind rerunning them a ton.

When can I unlock 2-5 star Pokemon in the Pokemon dens found in the wild area?

I understand the trick to get the rare purple beam of light as well as switching Pokemon in the dens (by advancing 1 day in system settings) but I still only get 1 star Pokemon.

What do I have to do to get higher star Pokemon? I'm almost at the first gym.

14 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

When can I unlock 2-5 star Pokemon in the Pokemon dens found in the wild area?

I understand the trick to get the rare purple beam of light as well as switching Pokemon in the dens (by advancing 1 day in system settings) but I still only get 1 star Pokemon.

What do I have to do to get higher star Pokemon? I'm almost at the first gym.

Have to beat gyms i believe.

2 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Like...how many?

I want Mimikyu and Larvitar for my team but I don't want to wait until I beat the game for them.

I know you can get them in the dens.

8 unlocks 5 and 6 unlocks 4. Don't know what unlocks 2 and 3 start but looking at those i would say 2 and 4 do that.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 10:37 AM, SteelKing728 said:

Like...how many?

I want Mimikyu and Larvitar for my team but I don't want to wait until I beat the game for them.

I know you can get them in the dens.

IF you want I can breed them for you.

21 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I really just want Mimikyu, Lapras and Larvitar.

I haven't traded yet on this game though but I assume its the same as it was on Sun/Moon?

Similar.  As long as you've made it to the Wild Area, you should be able to.  I'll pop out a few eggs for you.

29 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I really just want Mimikyu, Lapras and Larvitar.

I haven't traded yet on this game though but I assume its the same as it was on Sun/Moon?

The eggs are ready.  PM me and we can set up a link code.