Everything Pokemon Thread!

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:
11 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

@CWood21I started playing a few days ago. Man, this gen is such crap. They hold your hand through the whole game, a stupid amount of dialog. It is really annoying. I think I'm done with it after the first island already. 

I might go back and play Black 2, I really enjoyed that gen. Maybe I'll play Y again

Yeah...I definitely know what you mean.  It's very linear and not a whole lot of leeway.  I've honestly stopped playing mine.

It is very annoying for them to constantly be a flag of where to go on my screen. And the Rotom Dex... my god. Just let me go do what I want

4 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

It is very annoying for them to constantly be a flag of where to go on my screen. And the Rotom Dex... my god. Just let me go do what I want

The first island is a lot more hand-holdey, it does back off after that to some degree.

Just now, Danger said:
5 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

The first island is a lot more hand-holdey, it does back off after that to some degree.

Which is similar to the regular Sun/Moon. It just baffles me that, what, 7 generations in, we don't have an option to choose "I have played Pokemon before".

I always think it's me growing up and that's why I hate all these new features like taking pictures with your pokemon, or the Mantine surfing. But then I remember that I hated that crap 15 years ago too. The direction the games are going makes me sad. I am scared for the switch game

2 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Which is similar to the regular Sun/Moon. It just baffles me that, what, 7 generations in, we don't have an option to choose "I have played Pokemon before".

I always think it's me growing up and that's why I hate all these new features like taking pictures with your pokemon, or the Mantine surfing. But then I remember that I hated that crap 15 years ago too. The direction the games are going makes me sad. I am scared for the switch game

Won't be getting the switch games. Can't justify shelling out that much money just to play Pokemon since I don't like any other Nintendo franchises.

18 minutes ago, Danger said:
21 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Won't be getting the switch games. Can't justify shelling out that much money just to play Pokemon since I don't like any other Nintendo franchises.

Fair enough. I have a switch already for Zelda and Mario, soon smash bros hopefully.

I don't take my switch out in public to play it. Just my preference. So I am hoping that the game doesnt require me to lol

Edited by JBURGE25

On 12/29/2017 at 10:17 AM, JBURGE25 said:

This is what I hated about Sun and Moon.  It feels like you're doing a 30 hour tutorial.   

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Swampert Frosslass Crobat Arcanine

Breloom

now should i add Aggron to this list, Dralage, or something else? any suggestions? ive never used these guys. should i get black 2 or omega ruby / alpha sapphire? im not sure what one is better? i just beat my other run of sun, and im trying to get my living pokedex finished before i get one of these. any suggestions?

1 hour ago, SimsZilla said:

Swampert Frosslass Crobat Arcanine

Breloom

now should i add Aggron to this list, Dralage, or something else? any suggestions? ive never used these guys. should i get black 2 or omega ruby / alpha sapphire? im not sure what one is better? i just beat my other run of sun, and im trying to get my living pokedex finished before i get one of these. any suggestions?

What kind of roles do you have for your guys?

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

What kind of roles do you have for your guys?

I really don’t have “roles” 

not sure entirely what you mean to be honest. I’m just looking for type coverage and just cool Pokémon to use. I have most type stuff covered I believe so just need another one to use. 

36 minutes ago, SimsZilla said:

not sure entirely what you mean to be honest. I’m just looking for type coverage and just cool Pokémon to use. I have most type stuff covered I believe so just need another one to use. 

I’m assuming this is ingame?

59 minutes ago, SimsZilla said:

So this is for the base game? Because nothing really matters. You can use whatever you want.

Hell, use a team of six of the same.

17 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

you can't go 5 steps in this game without someone healing your Pokemon.

I'm not buying a Switch for the next game. Don't Care. I'll finish this one and see what the future holds. Preferably I'll take a Hard Mode Pokemon game.

It sucks

• Like 1

On 1/24/2018 at 6:52 PM, SimsZilla said:

Yeah but It’s in game. I just like using teams of Pokémon that are fun to play with (and I’ve never played with) 

but anyone suggest black/white 2 or ruby/sapphire?

Yeah, in-game teams don't really matter.  Just try using Pokes you don't usually use.