Everything Pokemon Thread!

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t really play games for stories, unless there is different directions you can take the story with different cutscenes, and multiple different endings. That usually isn’t the case. One predetermined story is something one can find on youtube. I like games that have tons of different outcomes. And mostly play games for the fun of the game + good end-goal that keeps you motivated. The original pokemon concept is genius with gyms and a tournament, because it keeps you motivated to be the absolute best, which is fun. 

This game kinda shifts to instead of getting one Pokémon and checking a box you want to kinda keep searching and catching for that like prime specimen. It’s the easiest gen to get shinies, they ditched the predetermined stats so you can train them up and also you want to try and get the alpha versions of them.

Its like the purest form of Pokémon as you are filling out the Dex, doing mission and crafting.

Definitely look forward to the return of stuff like gyms in Violet / Scarlet, but it’s a nice change of pace on the franchise.

Stories wise unless you are interested in Pokémon lore it doesn’t do much, as someone who casually had followed along for like 20 years…I can’t say I’ve paid much attention to it. A bit too much dialogue.

But I think once I’m to the endgame it’s going to be exactly what I want out of it.

18 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Never compared them except for the lack of end-goal. Definitely much different games for sure. 

Even then, that seems like a really bad comparison.  GO is pretty much more of a location-based game.  There's no real "effort" being put into it.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

As am I.  I'm interested to see when we get the next trailer.

Would imagine E3 time, right?

Get the cover legendaries, a couple new Pokémon, some regional variants.

With it being Spain I’m sure they’ll do a regional variant for Tauros. Make it a fighting or dark type. Doesn’t make sense to do a bull fighting thing with a typing that’s weak to fighting. It’s also the only original 151 that has never gotten any Evolutions / pre-Evolution / mega Evolution / gigantamax form / regional variants before aside from ditto and Mew.

Was looking at what other regional variants and they could do a trimmer Wailmer with a new branched Evolution for the Pilot Whale. There’s also a couple vultures that you do a new Mandibuzz. A Picasso inspired Smeargle or give it an evo.

Curious how many Pokémon they’d bring down from Kalos/gen 6 if it’s geographically neighbors like they are in real like.

New gens are always fun 

On 3/3/2022 at 3:54 PM, Kiltman said:

Would imagine E3 time, right?

Get the cover legendaries, a couple new Pokémon, some regional variants.

With it being Spain I’m sure they’ll do a regional variant for Tauros. Make it a fighting or dark type. Doesn’t make sense to do a bull fighting thing with a typing that’s weak to fighting. It’s also the only original 151 that has never gotten any Evolutions / pre-Evolution / mega Evolution / gigantamax form / regional variants before aside from ditto and Mew.

Was looking at what other regional variants and they could do a trimmer Wailmer with a new branched Evolution for the Pilot Whale. There’s also a couple vultures that you do a new Mandibuzz. A Picasso inspired Smeargle or give it an evo.

Curious how many Pokémon they’d bring down from Kalos/gen 6 if it’s geographically neighbors like they are in real like.

New gens are always fun 

Very good call, I am sure we will get a Tauros evolution for sure. Is that true it is the only original 151 without a new variant or evolution? Thinking off the top of my head did we get anything for Dragonite line?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

Very good call, I am sure we will get a Tauros evolution for sure. Is that true it is the only original 151 without a new variant or evolution? Thinking off the top of my head did we get anything for Dragonite line?

If they already had evolutions I didn’t count them in this. But Dragonite one would be in with a list of them that haven’t been touched since gen1.

Ditto and Mew don’t either unless you count the theory that Ditto are Mew clone attempts ha

17 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

If they already had evolutions I didn’t count them in this. But Dragonite one would be in with a list of them that haven’t been touched since gen1.

Ditto and Mew don’t either unless you count the theory that Ditto are Mew clone attempts ha

Okay yes I thought so. Kind of cringe that Jynx and Tangela got something before Tauros.

32 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Depictions of dragons in Spain are often more serpent like, could be a good opportunity for a cool regional line with a regional final evolution. I don't think you can F with Dragonite but a divergent line would be cool.