Everything Pokemon Thread!

On 4/5/2022 at 8:30 AM, AkronsWitness said:

Is there anyway to play a Pokemon game on PC? or is just Switch? There has to be a way to download the PC version of Pokemon and run it on Steam.

Emulating on PC is quite easy now. I used to do it 10 years ago

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Ive tried that, but not good enough with computers to know how to make it all work smoothly with the downloading software and file management

There are youtube videos that will walk you through every step 

• 1 month later...

Finally got Brilliant Diamond pretty excited for this playthrough and hope they continue to re master or remake older versions of the game would love to see Ruby, Sapphire, Gold, Silver and the OG Red Blue and Yellow reamde really enjoyede fire red and leaf green too (Where those reamkes of the the OG games?)

Thinking about trying to complete the pokedex in my play through, Ive never completed a pokedex in any of the pokemon games yall have any suggestions or just use the XP share for the most part? seems kinda grindy and I feel like it can make the game a bit dull for me but we shall see

53 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

Trading is the fastest way. Especially if the GTS is still active in Diamond and Pearl.

I dont have anyone to trade with and idk if i would go through that just to complete the pokedex tbh I might ask someone on here to trade if a pokemon needs to be traded in order to evolve but thatrs about it

Also whats GTS?

15 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

I dont have anyone to trade with and idk if i would go through that just to complete the pokedex tbh I might ask someone on here to trade if a pokemon needs to be traded in order to evolve but thatrs about it

Also whats GTS?

GTS= Global Trading System.   You can download Pokemon Home on your Switch, and trade through that to complete your dex.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

Are you trading with just random people throughout the world?

Yeah, they're people from all over.  In Home, you can designate what mon you want to trade for who, and then people will find that trade, and make it with you.  You have to move your mons from the game to Home, make the trade, and then move them back from Home to the game.  

There is a GTS within the games (Haven't played BDSP, but I would imagine it is the same) and there you can do random trades.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

Also read that you dont have to catch them all in order to complete it for some reason I was under the impression that you had to catch them and train them all in order to complete it

Some aren't found in the wild, so you have to level them up to get them.  But you'll have to trade in order to get them all since some are version exclusive.

1 hour ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Yeah, they're people from all over.  In Home, you can designate what mon you want to trade for who, and then people will find that trade, and make it with you.  You have to move your mons from the game to Home, make the trade, and then move them back from Home to the game.  

There is a GTS within the games (Haven't played BDSP, but I would imagine it is the same) and there you can do random trades.  

Sweet thanks I will have to check it out one Im a little farther into the game

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Some aren't found in the wild, so you have to level them up to get them.  But you'll have to trade in order to get them all since some are version exclusive.

I was reading that if you battle all the trainers along the way your dex is mostly filled cant remember the website but I may just take that route, reading that theres end game content and areas made me wanna do it a little more