Jump to content

Everything Pokemon Thread!


steelcurtain29
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

I was reading that if you battle all the trainers along the way your dex is mostly filled cant remember the website but I may just take that route, reading that theres end game content and areas made me wanna do it a little more

That's pretty much the case with most of the games the last few generations.  You'll have them as "Seen" in your PokeDex, but not "Caught" so it's not complete in that sense.  Ultimately, it just depends on what level of completion you need/want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

That's pretty much the case with most of the games the last few generations.  You'll have them as "Seen" in your PokeDex, but not "Caught" so it's not complete in that sense.  Ultimately, it just depends on what level of completion you need/want.

The article I was reading was saying that in order to get access to the end game content on BD it’s fine if you just “see” the Pokémon not too sure if that’s true or not what’s your experience in it? If you’ve gained access to end game content 

Also not to double post: But anyone in here catch an abra in Brilliant Diamond? I know it evolves at 13 or 16 (can’t remember off the top of my head) does it matter if I evolve my kedabra right away or should I train it first for a bit to not miss out on learning any move sets then evolve it in alakazam? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ended up choosing chimcar for my starter and kind of regretting it because one of the main reasons why I choose Diamond is because Growlithe is in the Diamond version and Is one of my favorite pokemon of all time

This playthrough has me kinda excited again for pokemon alot more excited than Shield and Sword wasnt a fan of those games at all

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Also not to double post: But anyone in here catch an abra in Brilliant Diamond? I know it evolves at 13 or 16 (can’t remember off the top of my head) does it matter if I evolve my kedabra right away or should I train it first for a bit to not miss out on learning any move sets then evolve it in alakazam? 

It evolves from Abra into Kadabra at level 16.  You might as well evolve it into Alakazam immediately unless you have some affinity for Kadabra.  It learns the same moves at the same level, but you get a significant boost in stats (BST of 400 for Kadabra vs. 500 for Alakazam).

2 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Ended up choosing chimcar for my starter and kind of regretting it because one of the main reasons why I choose Diamond is because Growlithe is in the Diamond version and Is one of my favorite pokemon of all time

I'm sure myself, @JBURGE, or someone else can get you the other starters if you want.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It evolves from Abra into Kadabra at level 16.  You might as well evolve it into Alakazam immediately unless you have some affinity for Kadabra.  It learns the same moves at the same level, but you get a significant boost in stats (BST of 400 for Kadabra vs. 500 for Alakazam).

I'm sure myself, @JBURGE, or someone else can get you the other starters if you want.

Anyway you could help me evolve him? If not no worries at all but it would be greatly appreciated Hes at 13 or 14 right now so Im not there yet so maybe tomorrow or whenever is convenient to you

Ive also never traded before so i would need some direction on how to do it Once again If your not up to it no worries at all I can make another post in here asking

Meh Im fine for now just kinda talking about the game/ writing my thoughts about it, Chimchar is pretty cool just something i realized a few days after I started my adventure that I wanted growlithe in my team but completely blanked on it from the get go

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Anyway you could help me evolve him? If not no worries at all but it would be greatly appreciated Hes at 13 or 14 right now so Im not there yet so maybe tomorrow or whenever is convenient to you

Ive also never traded before so i would need some direction on how to do it Once again If your not up to it no worries at all I can make another post in here asking

Meh Im fine for now just kinda talking about the game/ writing my thoughts about it, Chimchar is pretty cool just something i realized a few days after I started my adventure that I wanted growlithe in my team but completely blanked on it from the get go

Of course.  This weekend probably works best for me.  Assuming you have Nintendo Online or whatever it's called?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Of course.  This weekend probably works best for me.  Assuming you have Nintendo Online or whatever it's called?

Sweet thank you! Is that nintendos version of xbox live? If so I do not, Will I need to get it in order to trade? I can snag it up today if need be

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

Sweet thank you! Is that nintendos version of xbox live? If so I do not, Will I need to get it in order to trade? I can snag it up today if need be

Yeah.  That's the only way you can trade unless you have someone you can trade with locally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Yeah.  That's the only way you can trade unless you have someone you can trade with locally.

No worries I will sign up for it sometime today and once everything is set is it cool if I @ you to line something up? Thanks again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

No worries I will sign up for it sometime today and once everything is set is it cool if I @ you to line something up? Thanks again

Works for me.  No problem.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yo @CWood21Im free whenever you are to do that trade if the offer is still on the table signed up for nintendo online last night and evolved abra May need to some help as what I need to do and what not though Ive never traded with anyone or added anyone on nintendo online

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Yo @CWood21Im free whenever you are to do that trade if the offer is still on the table signed up for nintendo online last night and evolved abra May need to some help as what I need to do and what not though Ive never traded with anyone or added anyone on nintendo online

I'm free now.  PM me when you see this message.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

Just picked up Legends Arceus. Enjoying it so far, about five hours in.

It's a good game.  Not a ton of play through value after you "beat" the game, but a quality game nonetheless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...