Everything Pokemon Thread!

steelcurtain29

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

Just picked up Legends Arceus. Enjoying it so far, about five hours in.

Will probably pick that up after my play through of Brilliant Diamond

Edited by mattyice0401

Posted (edited)

Man im starting to realize a lot of the mons I wanted for my team are end game content Larvitar, Aron, Growlithe just to name a few But am still really enjoying my play through for the most part taking it pretty slowly im just under 8 hours in and havent done the 2nd gym yet my lineup consists of Elekid, Scyhther, Alakzam, and Monferno right now, really wanna get myself a Heracross and would probably replace Scyther for him but hes pretty rare with the honey tree mechanic

Edited by mattyice0401
  • Like 1

I wonder if the Dynamax feature is coming to Scarlet and Violet I personally dont really hope it does because I wasnt really a big fan of it at all in Sword and Shield I wasnt really a fan of that generation period

5 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

I wonder if the Dynamax feature is coming to Scarlet and Violet I personally dont really hope it does because I wasnt really a big fan of it at all in Sword and Shield I wasnt really a fan of that generation period

Probably not.  I think they said it pretty early on when SwSh were released that it was exclusive to that region.  There's probably another gimmick.  The rumor going around is a potential way to change Pokemon's type.  Potentially adding a 3rd type.

3 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Also any suggestions as to when i should evolve my electabuzz? Would I miss out on any move sets if i evolve him right away?

You don't lose anything move-wise, but you'll lose the extra power if you leave it as an Electabuzz.  Need to attach a Electrizer and trade it with someone.

26 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You don't lose anything move-wise, but you'll lose the extra power if you leave it as an Electabuzz.  Need to attach a Electrizer and trade it with someone.

Ahh I thought you just needed to give the Electabuzz an electrizer and it will evolve I was lucky enough to get one off a pokemon a couple days ago now I just need to get it to level 30

32 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Probably not.  I think they said it pretty early on when SwSh were released that it was exclusive to that region.  There's probably another gimmick.  The rumor going around is a potential way to change Pokemon's type.  Potentially adding a 3rd type.

i hope thats true just wasnt a fan of that gen what so ever was a big let down for me personally

The 3rd type is interesting wonder what meta would come with that feature

On 5/15/2022 at 4:27 PM, CWood21 said:

It's a good game.  Not a ton of play through value after you "beat" the game, but a quality game nonetheless.

its all about the shinies for replay value.

recently got a copy of pokemon cristal and im soft resetting for a shiny starter, couple hundred in a few thousand to go.

4 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

i hope thats true just wasnt a fan of that gen what so ever was a big let down for me personally

The 3rd type is interesting wonder what meta would come with that feature

Dynamax had it's usage, but it felt like really only in Double Battles.

3 minutes ago, ifeelasleep said:

recently got a copy of pokemon cristal and im soft resetting for a shiny starter, couple hundred in a few thousand to go.

Good luck.  Recently did that in my HeartGold file.  Probably around 1000 starters (3 per reset) seen when shiny Totodile popped up.

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

Heracross or Scyther?

Finally found got my Heracross but my Scyther has high affection towards me already and seems fairly strong

I mean, I'm not sure there's anything to separate the two of them.  Some minor differences in terms of utility.  Scizor (Scyther's evolution) and Heracross both have brutal 4x weaknesses (Fire for Scizor, Flying for Heracross), strong Attack stats, and solid overall stats.  Scizor is a bit more physically bulky then Heracross, but Heracross is a better specially defensive and a tad bit faster.  I'd probably lean towards Heracross for competitive wise.  If your Heracross has the Guts ability, and it you attach a Toxic or Flame Orb it'll boost Heracross' attack.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, I'm not sure there's anything to separate the two of them.  Some minor differences in terms of utility.  Scizor (Scyther's evolution) and Heracross both have brutal 4x weaknesses (Fire for Scizor, Flying for Heracross), strong Attack stats, and solid overall stats.  Scizor is a bit more physically bulky then Heracross, but Heracross is a better specially defensive and a tad bit faster.  I'd probably lean towards Heracross for competitive wise.  If your Heracross has the Guts ability, and it you attach a Toxic or Flame Orb it'll boost Heracross' attack.

Good points, Maybe i will go with some other mons instead of either of those 2, both of those mons  are really cool and have been favorites of mine since I was a kid

Still need a water type and was thinking maybe going for Wingull