Everything Pokemon Thread!

18 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Don't you almost have that with Let's Go Pikachu?

While its the Region and the Pokemon its nothing like Red & Blue.

Its honestly nothing like any of the other Pokemon games, and I dont find it all that fun, even though Ill go back through it sometimes

• Like 1

I just played through Ultra Sun - had played Moon at launch but never played through either Ultra despite buying one.

Love how "difficult" the game is, but such a what if game. I like the island system, QoL changes, but the totem system is just not it. It would have been such a good game if they a) had gyms, and b) had a lot less cutscenes in the first half of the game. I could put up with the rest, including Z moves.

I would have loved to see Ultra Sun/Moon have an established Gym system and be like 5 years after Sun/Moon, since the story of Alola is that they have built a Pokemon League to compete with other regions. Would have been a really cool idea, and had been done before with Black/White 2, but it was just a lame reskin of the originals. 

Stil bottom 1/3 of pokemon games but I enjoyed it more than I thought I was going to. 

38 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Don't you almost have that with Let's Go Pikachu?

From what I know its nothing like the old games where you battle and train your mons while defeating gym leaders with an end goal of trying to get to the pokemon league I could be wrong though I havent watched any game play since it first released however many years ago and cant really remember

Edit: I went back and looked at some gameplay real quick and holy crap you do battle and train your mons whats different in Lets go Pikachu than the others with this game? Are there gyms in it too? I thought it was closer to Arceus than the older type of games

Edited by mattyice0401
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

From what I know its nothing like the old games where you battle and train your mons while defeating gym leaders with an end goal of trying to get to the pokemon league I could be wrong though I havent watched any game play since it first released however many years ago and cant really remeber

I never played it either to be fair, I just thought I remember hearing LGP was a remake of Yellow. Sounds like that's a no from the other posts too. 

18 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I just played through Ultra Sun - had played Moon at launch but never played through either Ultra despite buying one.

Love how "difficult" the game is, but such a what if game. I like the island system, QoL changes, but the totem system is just not it. It would have been such a good game if they a) had gyms, and b) had a lot less cutscenes in the first half of the game. I could put up with the rest, including Z moves.

I would have loved to see Ultra Sun/Moon have an established Gym system and be like 5 years after Sun/Moon, since the story of Alola is that they have built a Pokemon League to compete with other regions. Would have been a really cool idea, and had been done before with Black/White 2, but it was just a lame reskin of the originals. 

Stil bottom 1/3 of pokemon games but I enjoyed it more than I thought I was going to. 

Did you play it on DS?

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I never played it either to be fair, I just thought I remember hearing LGP was a remake of Yellow. Sounds like that's a no from the other posts too. 

Na it seems that youre right I went back and looked really quick at some gameplay and it does look like a remake of Yellow I thought there was something different in this game though than the others that turned me off initially

14 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Na it seems that youre right I went back and looked really quick at some gameplay and it does look like a remake of Yellow I thought there was something different in this game though than the others that turned me off initially

Wild Pokemon battles are not the same. Pokemon are in the overworld and you catch them like you do in Pokemon Go.

The trainer battlea and Gyms are the same

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

If I were to buy a Pokemon game for my Switch---is there any one that focused on the 1st Gen Pokemon so I actually know who they are all and what they do? 

IF you're wanting strictly Gen 1, you're going to have to stick with the Let's Go series.  It's not really a faithful remake of RBY, but it's the only one that focus strictly on Gen 1.  The catching method is very odd compared to the rest of the series, but it's the only Gen 1 remake with the Switch.

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

Someday I hope we get a remake of Red and Blue would be so nostalgic for me and a lot of people

We've gotten multiple RBY remakes.  We've had FRLG and Let's Go as direct remakes of RBY, and we've had GSW and HGSS as "side remakes" of Gen 1.  Next up would presumably be BW remakes.

49 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Edit: I went back and looked at some gameplay real quick and holy crap you do battle and train your mons whats different in Lets go Pikachu than the others with this game? Are there gyms in it too? I thought it was closer to Arceus than the older type of games

The catching part is the different.  Instead of weakening Pokemon, you just throw balls.  It's like Pokemon GO combined with the mainline games.  I believe it was meant to bring Pokemon GO players into the mainline games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

Pretty much nailed it.  SM were forgettable.  USUM weren't great, but it was a bit more playable.

• Like 1