Jump to content

Everything Pokemon Thread!


steelcurtain29
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We've gotten multiple RBY remakes.  We've had FRLG and Let's Go as direct remakes of RBY, and we've had GSW and HGSS as "side remakes" of Gen 1.  Next up would presumably be BW remakes.

What are those? And BW Im assuming is Black and White?

Fire red and leaf green arent on Switch as far as Im aware and thats what I was looking for but will have to give the Lets go series a go after finding out theyre fairly similar besides the catching part

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

What are those? And BW Im assuming is Black and White?

Fire red and leaf green arent on Switch as far as Im aware and thats what I was looking for but will have to give the Lets go series a go after finding out theyre fairly similar besides the catching part

Supposed to be GSC (Gen 2).  I'd argue those partial Gen 1 remakes since they involved Kanto.  And as far as Switch goes, the only remakes have been LGPE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I never played it either to be fair, I just thought I remember hearing LGP was a remake of Yellow. Sounds like that's a no from the other posts too. 

It is a remake of Yellow, but with the "Go" catching mechanics it feels like a completely different game. Its not as much about battling, its about accumulating Pokemon, its really the only way to level up your team.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

I would have loved to see Ultra Sun/Moon have an established Gym system and be like 5 years after Sun/Moon, since the story of Alola is that they have built a Pokemon League to compete with other regions. Would have been a really cool idea, and had been done before with Black/White 2, but it was just a lame reskin of the originals. 

If we could have gotten an actual Gym challenge in Alola, with the Totem stuff being an add on, it would have been a much better game.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Supposed to be GSC (Gen 2).  I'd argue those partial Gen 1 remakes since they involved Kanto.  And as far as Switch goes, the only remakes have been LGPE.

Who honestly calls Let's Go Pika & Eevee LGPE. Take it easy on him woody

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

If we could have gotten an actual Gym challenge in Alola, with the Totem stuff being an add on, it would have been a much better game.

Yeah, because the story is actually pretty good. They had the perfect opportunity to do it too with the Ultra games too, oh well.

Also, I forgot to mention team Skull with the worst animations of anyone ever. I can't believe they thought that was a good idea 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

Yeah, because the story is actually pretty good. They had the perfect opportunity to do it too with the Ultra games too, oh well.

Also, I forgot to mention team Skull with the worst animations of anyone ever. I can't believe they thought that was a good idea 

I feel like that was a game they tried to deviate from their standard method, and it failed miserably.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

IF you're wanting strictly Gen 1, you're going to have to stick with the Let's Go series.  It's not really a faithful remake of RBY, but it's the only one that focus strictly on Gen 1.  The catching method is very odd compared to the rest of the series, but it's the only Gen 1 remake with the Switch.

Does that mean if I get any of the other ones there are no Gen 1 pokemon or is it just mixed and matched.

Im going to be honest, the only Pokemon games Ive ever played were Pokemon Stadium for N64 because I loved the whole pick 3 battling thing and Pokemon GO lol I didnt get into the red, blue, yellow type of Gameboy games (for whatever reason).

Because of that the catching methods might not bother me as much as it would those who played all of the originals. Ive never played a Pokemon game where you actually walk around a world and catch them, if you dont really count Pokemon GO.

I just like the idea of catching Pokemon, leveling them up and battling with them moreso than the actual story or anything.

Edited by AkronsWitness
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Does that mean if I get any of the other ones there are no Gen 1 pokemon or is it just mixed and matched.

Im going to be honest, the only Pokemon games Ive ever played were Pokemon Stadium for N64 because I loved the whole pick 3 battling thing and Pokemon GO lol I didnt get into the red, blue, yellow type of Gameboy games (for whatever reason).

Because of that the catching methods might not bother me as much as it would those who played all of the originals. Ive never played a Pokemon game where you actually walk around a world and catch them, if you dont really count Pokemon GO.

I just like the idea of catching Pokemon, leveling them up and battling with them moreso than the actual story or anything.

Lets Go sounds great for you then.

The newer gens, at least the last 2, have focused more on story and as a result I find them a lot less fun. 

The new gen coming to switch this year might be great for you - Arceus is awesome and just catching pokemon mostly, with a fairly hefty story, but there isn't a lot of battling to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Does that mean if I get any of the other ones there are no Gen 1 pokemon or is it just mixed and matched.

Im going to be honest, the only Pokemon games Ive ever played were Pokemon Stadium for N64 because I loved the whole pick 3 battling thing and Pokemon GO lol I didnt get into the red, blue, yellow type of Gameboy games (for whatever reason).

Because of that the catching methods might not bother me as much as it would those who played all of the originals. Ive never played a Pokemon game where you actually walk around a world and catch them, if you dont really count Pokemon GO.

I just like the idea of catching Pokemon, leveling them up and battling with them moreso than the actual story or anything.

Let's Go only has Gen 1 Pokemon with the exception of Melmetal and Meltan.  My guess is that's a nice introductory game.  It's not difficult by any means, so if you're expecting a huge challenge then this series is not for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beat the elite 4 today along with Cynthia in the first try man her Garchomp is a beast and had me worried there for awhile but thank god for Alteria and Draco metor

No onto the post game Im looking forward to this I think my Pokedex is complete I just need the 3 pokemon you saved from team galactic Im forgetting their names surpised they dont register after you save them but it register the other box legendary when you go and read a darn book

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So what would be the game on Switch that's closest to red/blue/silver/gold? (I'm terms of catching pokemon, battling to gain exp, gyms, etc)  I haven't touched a Pokemon game since those

Edited by adamq
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, adamq said:

So what would be the game on Switch that's closest to red/blue/silver/gold? (I'm terms of catching pokemon, battling to gain exp, gyms, etc)  I haven't touched a Pokemon game since those

probably the Diamond and Pearl remakes

The only other games on Switch that aren't spin offs like Snap and Unite would be Legends of Arceus (the open world beta) and Sword and Shield (the open world Alpha)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

probably the Diamond and Pearl remakes

The only other games on Switch that aren't spin offs like Snap and Unite would be Legends of Arceus (the open world beta) and Sword and Shield (the open world Alpha)

Better question, why do Pokemon games come in pairs? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...