1st Day of Training Camp

Raves

That's good news.

Okafor, Meridith, Davison, all practicing and seemingly recovered from injuries.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm starting to get pumped for this season. One of the best (on paper), most balanced teams the Saints have fielded in the Payton/Brees era.

FOOTBAAAAALLL !!

Sorry guys, I'm excited to see the boys back on the field.

"The linebacker carousel kicked off Thursday with Manti Te’o at middle linebacker, Demario Davis on the weakside and A.J. Klein at strongside. The trio played together in the base defense with the first group throughout the entire practice."

Weren't many people expecting Davis to start at Mike? I know it's just TC, but maybe they like Te'o there?

3 minutes ago, BossierWhoDat said:

FOOTBAAAAALLL !!

"The linebacker carousel kicked off Thursday with Manti Te’o at middle linebacker, Demario Davis on the weakside and A.J. Klein at strongside. The trio played together in the base defense with the first group throughout the entire practice."

Weren't many people expecting Davis to start at Mike? I know it's just TC, but maybe they like Te'o there?

Probably because Davis is a bit more athletic and could make use of it better on the outside.  I still expect Te'o to be the first one off the field of that group, and likely 1st to be replaced by Robertson or Anzalone with the line-up shuffling around.

17 hours ago, BossierWhoDat said:

FOOTBAAAAALLL !!

Yeah, I was surprised to see Davis at Will as he was projected a Mike. Has me curious about what they're seeing in Te'o, and if that means they'll be rotating Klein and Anzalone at Sam.

I'm excited to see what we do with the running backs, and hopefully not overwork Kamara while Ingram's out.

47 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Yeah, I was surprised to see Davis at Will as he was projected a Mike. Has me curious about what they're seeing in Te'o, and if that means they'll be rotating Klein and Anzalone at Sam.

I'm excited to see what we do with the running backs, and hopefully not overwork Kamara while Ingram's out.

It's jsut 1st day of TC, I highly doubt this will all stay the same as we progress.  I doubt Te'o can play in any position other than Mike, and with Te'o playing well for us at the end of the year when Klein went out, they are probably giving him the nod to start TC in respect to that and move Klein to Sam where he can play, but probably can't play Will, though Davis could probably play all 3 spots.  I think by the end of it we might end up seeing Anzalone/Klein/Davis as our starting linebackers.

I mean they also didn't mention Davenport.  Is his thumb still not 100% so they didn't put him into drills for no reason or are they just giving Okafor the nod at the start of TC since he's a known quantity?

20 hours ago, SWATcha said:

That's good news.

Okafor, Meridith, Davison, all practicing and seemingly recovered from injuries.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm starting to get pumped for this season. One of the best (on paper), most balanced teams the Saints have fielded in the Payton/Brees era.

I keep forgetting about our signing of Meredith. Was just reading he is a full go, and that gets me excited. Can't wait to see what this receiving corp can do now with the additions of Meredith and Smith.

On 7/27/2018 at 9:05 AM, Raves said:

I mean they also didn't mention Davenport.

You probably noticed later that he was full go (from what I seen).

Seems like Terron has been giving him fits over the weekend. He seems to have a good attitude about it though.

Archived