The 2018 Joe Blackburn Award (Browns Forum HoF) Nominations

zelbell

What a better way to christen the start of Training Camp, then to honor the best posters the Browns forum has to offer as well as remember Crackburn, an inspiration to many of us here.

Some background:

Joe Blackburn served the United States as a member of the Marine Corps. He was also a lifelong fan of the Cleveland Browns. Ever the optimist, Joe cheered for the Browns through the good times and the bad times, patiently waiting for his favorite team to return to prominence. Fortunately for us, Joe started visiting Football’s Future, adopting the username of crakburn.  Crakburn’s intelligent posting style, combined with his courtesy for others and likeable personality, quickly earned him respect and admiration among his peer Browns fans. Before long, crakburn was asked to help moderate the Cleveland Browns forum. He was not only knowledgeable, but he also had a way of making people feel at home. 

One day, Joe received the terrible news that he had pancreatic cancer. Those who have had the unfortunate experience of knowing someone with pancreatic cancer know that it is an aggressive bastard of a disease. As a result, Joe was eventually placed into hospice, where it became evident that he was most likely fighting a losing battle. The members of Football’s Future (including non-Browns fans) were stirred and inspired by Joe’s story. Knowing that crakburn’s favorite Browns’ player was Joe Thomas, contacts were made to explore the possibility of Joe Thomas visiting crakburn at his home. Graciously and anonymously, Joe Thomas (and his wife) paid a meaningful visit to crakburn and his family one evening at his home. Not long after this visit, Joe Blackburn passed away. 

This thread is here to recognize the posters who contribute the most to our forum in terms of knowledge, sense of humor, and fostering community. It only makes sense to name it after our own Joe Blackburn (crakburn).

It's time to do the nominations for this year's class. We like to do the nominations by PM, so please do not post your nominees in this thread. PM them to myself or freaky, and we will compile the list of the top vote getters. As always, a public vote will determine this year's inductees. 

Nominate whoever you think contributes the most to the forum, based on the criteria mentioned above. Feel free to nominate up to 3 different people with your PM. 

Nominations will be open until August 10th

The following guys are past inductees (so don't nominate them Smile ): 

• 64 CHAMPS 
  • ACDC_Rocks024 
  • Braylon4MVP 
  • Bonanza23 
  • Bucketheadsdad 
  • bulldog 
  • buno67 
  • candyman93 
  • cattleman78 
  • crakburn 
  • DaWg_LB. 
  • Dawgpound8017 
  • DawgX 
  • ditchdigger 
  • Estonianzulu 
  • freakygeniuskid
  • fsubrowns9510 
  • Fulldawg78 
  • hornbybrown 
  • InTressleWeTrst 
  • K2fromtheU/Turkey Jones 
  • LETSGOBROWNIES 
  • NateDawg
  • malibuspeedrace
  • Mastercheddar
  • MWill23
  • mistakebytehlak 
  • nugpimpen 
  • pmk 
  • pnies20 
  • ReggieCamp 
  • SwissMiss 
  • TeHDruiD 
  • Thomas5737
  • zelbell

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

And in sticking with tradition I once again nominate fumblebluntz

fumblebluntz is sick of the favoritism paid to companymen who refuse to rock the boat and will not be showing up for his HOF induction. Instead, he'll be celebrating his induction in Colorado.

6 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I unnominate myself. The tradition of me not making it needs to be passed on for generations. 

But you need to make the ballot so that you then subsequently and inevitably get denied. Think of it as the 80s Browns in the AFC Title game.

Archived