Training Camp Thread

Billsfaninptown

I figured we should start a thread for training camp since the first practice is today. Who are some the players you guys are excited to see play? Are there any sleepers you think will emerge and make the roster? Any surprise cuts?I am obviously excited to see our rookies, especially Edmunds. Some sleepers I like are Croom, Marlowe, Dupre, and Foster.

Thanks for starting this thread I need my Bills updates!!!  The site I usually go on Billsdaily.com closed down.  I'm excited to see our Secondary I think we have something special in our Secondary with White, Davis, Hyde, Poyer.  I thought Poyer should of made the pro bowl last season.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Fan said:

Thanks for starting this thread I need my Bills updates!!!  The site I usually go on Billsdaily.com closed down.  I'm excited to see our Secondary I think we have something special in our Secondary with White, Davis, Hyde, Poyer.  I thought Poyer should of made the pro bowl last season.

+1

Well we have added some nice solid depth pieces past few days. DT John Hughes and LB Keenan Robinson. Robinson is a very under the radar signing for us. Besides Humber we have zero depth. Well not anymore.

As for practice. I've heard that McCarron looked good and was very consistent. Finding receivers with intermediate routes. Josh Allen when he is on is the best QB we have. Issue I heard is consistency. Started practice amazing but struggled at the end. Peterman probably was the worst.

Allen threw a few ducks and clearly struggles with short timing plays, had a couple beauties he uncorked though which was too be expected. AJ was good, no glaring issues or mistakes but no "wow" moments like a couple of Allen's throws, like ML said I saw him throw some good middle-in and out cuts to hit some guys. Peterman certainly could have showed better but he had the least reps to begin with. 

Ray-Ray is freaking fast, but none of the receivers popped to me really. Defense looked good, offense showcased some nuances and neat motions at the line, at a glance it's certainly more in line with Lynn's system than what we ran with Dennison last year which is a plus.

Will try and get to next Thursday's practice as well.

Interesting to hear McDermott, Beane, and McCoy all say they don't anticipate anything changing and Shady will be ready to roll for week 1. Beane said they talked to the league and police and feel pretty good about it.

Also, Kim Pegula was seen chatting it up with McCoy at the end of practice with a bunch of reporters around. Definitely seems like the Bills have McCoy's back on this and believe he wasn't involved. You gotta think how bad of a PR move it'd be to have our female owner laughing it up with a player who was just accused of beating the s*** out of a women.. So maybe he really is being set up / blamed for something he didn't do and the Bills are not turning their backs.

Lets hope, because without McCoy we'd have the worse offense in the league.

8 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Interesting to hear McDermott, Beane, and McCoy all say they don't anticipate anything changing and Shady will be ready to roll for week 1. Beane said they talked to the league and police and feel pretty good about it.

Also, Kim Pegula was seen chatting it up with McCoy at the end of practice with a bunch of reporters around. Definitely seems like the Bills have McCoy's back on this and believe he wasn't involved. You gotta think how bad of a PR move it'd be to have our female owner laughing it up with a player who was just accused of beating the s*** out of a women.. So maybe he really is being set up / blamed for something he didn't do and the Bills are not turning their backs.

Lets hope, because without McCoy we'd have the worse offense in the league.

My only concern is the bills have 7 RBs on the roster and brought in 2 RBs for a work out in the last week. I do think shady is being blamed over something, but I am not a detective to know whether or not he is innocent. From what the past public reports happened he was the one that called the policy a few times when they were living together to avoid any issues so I do not see him making a move like this over some small jewelry that he could easily make up for with part of his one year salary this year. My point is he has more to risk then worrying about some jewelry. 

38 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

My only concern is the bills have 7 RBs on the roster and brought in 2 RBs for a work out in the last week. I do think shady is being blamed over something, but I am not a detective to know whether or not he is innocent. From what the past public reports happened he was the one that called the policy a few times when they were living together to avoid any issues so I do not see him making a move like this over some small jewelry that he could easily make up for with part of his one year salary this year. My point is he has more to risk then worrying about some jewelry. 

Yeah im sure they're just kicking the tires on a bunch of guys in case some new news drops and he is guilty of it.

Tough to tell what happened. She could be crazy and set this up herself knowing she was about to be evicted. but more realistic, I think someone was aware that his ex had a bunch of expensive jewelry in that house. Not sure if it'd be someone in McCoy's inner circle but maybe some dude just heard there's $500k worth of jewelry in there and he acts on his own to go rob her. Crazy how the whole narrative changes just because her friend made an IG post about LeSean.

2 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Josh Allen had himself a day in our first padded practice. Set himself apart from the others with throws only he would take.

My buddy was going on about his release and mechanics being on point. What do you think ?

Been hearing great things about Allen so far. Really hope he can fix the issues he’s been having with the short passes though. They need to hammer the ever loving **** out of reps until he figures it out. Can’t be throwing ducks out into the flat. 

Still hoping he sits out until we get some more weapons around him, but excited that there’s been so much positive coming out about him.

I am hearing and reading mixed reviews on Josh Allen. He is making throws the other 2 cant but has been rough on the short passes. McCarron has been the most consistent but has the same flaw that Tyrod has which is holding the ball to long and quick to check down. 

As for shaq he is not going to get cut even if he sucks it will be either a trade or keep him as it is more expensive to cut him then keep him as dead money would be left on the table and it makes zero sense to let him walk now. He does need to step it up.

I read that murphy has been taking on a leader role which is good hopefully he can help the younger guys on defense like Kyle has done in the past. 

Hughes already getting in to fights. He has always been a hot head and cost bills penalties in the past hopefully he cleans up his act or he can be on the hot seat come next year.

Archived