Training Camp Thread

Billsfaninptown

40 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I'd bring back Matthews and kick the tires, why not.

Because he has a serious hamstring injury and he wasn't cut he was placed on IR for the Pats. Until he is fully healed they can either release him with an injury settlement or pay him and use the IR designation for the rest of the year.

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Because he has a serious hamstring injury and he wasn't cut he was placed on IR for the Pats. Until he is fully healed they can either release him with an injury settlement or pay him and use the IR designation for the rest of the year.

According to their web page he was on IR last year and was released 

7 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I'd bring back Matthews and kick the tires, why not.

Ehhh not the best fit with our current core of WRs. I'd rather bring in Maclin than Matthews. Or even bring in Brandon Lafell. He has the connection with the Panther plus he already as chemistry with McCarron.

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Yeah but he’s gonna be gooooodd me thinks

I think he can be a poor mans Matt Stafford, which is 100% better then anything we have had since Kelly.

Strong D and running game with his arm and PA passing can win games in this league for sure. 

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

I think he can be a poor mans Matt Stafford, which is 100% better then anything we have had since Kelly.

Strong D and running game with his arm and PA passing can win games in this league for sure. 

I think he can be better than that. Could see him bring stafford

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I lost the game feed. How's Allen look ?

Pretty freaking good. He displayed his ability to run and his amazing arm. I'd like to see what he could do with better potential around him. As his oline and RB struggled with penalties and his #1 receiver in Foster made drops and quit running on two deep balls that should have been TDs. Allen seemed to be a one man show. He made two throws to McCloud that no other player could make and threaded it in between defenders.

However he looked really good he didn't show the ability to manage and lead the team like McCarron and Peterman we're able to do. So I'm sure that aspect will come with more experience. I think that Allen had one really bad miss on the night with a miscommunication but the very next play he lead McCloud for a big gain.

All 3 QBs looked really good. 

Peterman was the best of the bunch. McCarron not far behind. And I think Allen would have looked even better if he had better talent around him. All 3 combined for 351 passing yards 2 TDs and 1 INT which was dropped by Ivory. Night and day from what we had with Taylor.

I think Allen is the best QB of the bunch right now tbh. He just is too physically gifted compared to the other two but id sit him for at least 4 weeks and not rush his development as AJ and Nate both seem to have good command of the offense.

20 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Pretty freaking good. He displayed his ability to run and his amazing arm. I'd like to see what he could do with better potential around him. As his oline and RB struggled with penalties and his #1 receiver in Foster made drops and quit running on two deep balls that should have been TDs. Allen seemed to be a one man show. He made two throws to McCloud that no other player could make and threaded it in between defenders.

However he looked really good he didn't show the ability to manage and lead the team like McCarron and Peterman we're able to do. So I'm sure that aspect will come with more experience. I think that Allen had one really bad miss on the night with a miscommunication but the very next play he lead McCloud for a big gain.

All 3 QBs looked really good. 

Peterman was the best of the bunch. McCarron not far behind. And I think Allen would have looked even better if he had better talent around him. All 3 combined for 351 passing yards 2 TDs and 1 INT which was dropped by Ivory. Night and day from what we had with Taylor.

I think Allen is the best QB of the bunch right now tbh. He just is too physically gifted compared to the other two but id sit him for at least 4 weeks and not rush his development as AJ and Nate both seem to have good command of the offense.

Yeah, that arm doe! I knew it was strong based on college videos, but seeing it compared with the top (NFL) speed of the players...Day-am! Crazy little rocket launcher! Given the players on the field (both sides of the ball) while Josh was out there, he seemed to be operating at a whole `nother level. "One man show" is an appropriate description. Again, given the varying levels of talent on the field, I also thought all 3 QB's showed well. Yes, Josh has some growing/learning to do yet, but I didn't see anything that I thought stood out as unfixable. Compared to Taylor, well, Taylor was safe. Ball security was never an issue. However, all three of our QB's demonstrated that they could be explosive and make things happen in a game and Tyrod has never had that. Ever. I'm not saying one of these 3 QB's is a Hall of Famer or anything, but I feel a lot better about that position on our team than I have in years. Actually, decades. And yes, I realize this was just the 1st pre-season game vs. the most vanilla of vanilla D's. I don't think any of these QB's performances prorates to a 400 yd game, especially vs. an actual game plan, but they did show well...certainly better than some lame buck-fifty game.

Archived