Training Camp Thread

Billsfaninptown

8 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

Yeah, that arm doe! I knew it was strong based on college videos, but seeing it compared with the top (NFL) speed of the players...Day-am! Crazy little rocket launcher!

I tried to tell you guys....(I'd also say his mobility stood out in this way)

I may have to be a closet Bills fan going forward. I'm very excited about your future with Allen!

So exciting to be watching a QB who can make all the throws and then some. Allen is scary talented.

He's been looking really good so far. So refreshing to see a guy not named Tyrod Taylor :D

Hoping to continue to be wrong on Josh. 

11 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Like a rookie who needs to sit. 

This, I would dial back the excitement IMO. He's playing against guys who will be selling cars in 4 weeks and managed to keep his head above water. Yes, the arm is impressive but he certainly doesn't look like he's anywhere near NFL ready right now.

There are certainly positive signs, but he's looked like what we all figured and knew him to look like, a project. A project with limitless upside but still a project who needs to sit and learn.

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

This, I would dial back the excitement IMO. He's playing against guys who will be selling cars in 4 weeks and managed to keep his head above water. Yes, the arm is impressive but he certainly doesn't look like he's anywhere near NFL ready right now.

There are certainly positive signs, but he's looked like what we all figured and knew him to look like, a project. A project with limitless upside but still a project who needs to sit and learn.

I think he is less of a project then people think. When people say project qbs you think of 3rd day draft picks. He was the #7 overall even if  you consider it a reach he was still going in the 1st round. He does have a lot to learn still but he has shown vast improvement in a short time then what I expected. I think him playing against the 2s next week would help him out more then playing with the 3s. 

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

So essentially it sounds like depends on who you ask about Allen. I feel he's already been condemned a bust to some people.

This is some exciting stuff tho

There's a lot of ego's involved with Allen.

Some people, no matter how great he could turn out, will never admit it and they'll have excuses for it.

On the other hand, people who love him or are blinded fans of the Bills will always have an excuse for his failure or down falls. 

Both McCarron (foot) and Peterman (arm) were injured today will be interesting how things play out tomorrow. Allen was seen getting reps with the 1s, 2s, and 3s, this is the first time he was seen working with the 2s looks like he still has a shot at competing to start week 1. Another interesting thing is Nick O'leary has been playing with the 3s he may be on the chopping block. 

Logan Thomas has far outplayed O'Leary this camp and Croom has much higher upside. 

Sounds like Allen is getting time with the 2's today while Peterman is with the 3's (likely still injured).

Sal has said that the top 5 wideouts constantly our KB, Zay, Kerley, Streeter and Holmes. I imagine Streeter is battling with Coleman for that speedster spot and Holmes could be feeling the pressure from Reilly but I doubt it.

So who is a lock to start this season:

Offense: LT Dawkins LG Ducasse RG Miller RT Mills RB Shady WR#1 Benjamin TE #1 Clay

Anyone say who is winning the Center and the WR #2 position...Im assuming Kerley is winning the slot 

Defense: RE Hughes, DT Star, DT Williams, OLB Alexander, MLB Edmunds, CB #1 White, CB #2 Davis, Poyer and Hyde at safety

Looks Like Milano is struggling to keep the starting LB position, anyone know who is winning the slot corner position? Im assuming if murphy is healthy he will be starter at DE unless shaq blows up in preseason

It seems like outside of QB these are the 4 battles that I havent heard a definitive answer on who will get the GO come week 1

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

So who is a lock to start this season:

Offense: LT Dawkins LG Ducasse RG Miller RT Mills RB Shady WR#1 Benjamin TE #1 Clay

Anyone say who is winning the Center and the WR #2 position...Im assuming Kerley is winning the slot 

Defense: RE Hughes, DT Star, DT Williams, OLB Alexander, MLB Edmunds, CB #1 White, CB #2 Davis, Poyer and Hyde at safety

Looks Like Milano is struggling to keep the starting LB position, anyone know who is winning the slot corner position? Im assuming if murphy is healthy he will be starter at DE unless shaq blows up in preseason

It seems like outside of QB these are the 4 battles that I havent heard a definitive answer on who will get the GO come week 1

Gaines is winning that nickle battle so far.... Johnson struggled mighty in preseason game.

I think Croom is gonna start pushing Clay here too... He is starting to get 1st team reps.

Shaq has looked better than Murphy so far... I think Murphy start once he gets fully healthy. Injury had held him back a bit.

21 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

KB has practices sparingly over the last two days and now has an ice wrap around his left knee 9_9

Go figure. 

KB maybe talk less **** and focus more on actually, you know, getting in proper conditioned shape for once in your career so you stop getting hurt.

18 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Gaines is winning that nickle battle so far.... Johnson struggled mighty in preseason game.

I think Croom is gonna start pushing Clay here too... He is starting to get 1st team reps.

Shaq has looked better than Murphy so far... I think Murphy start once he gets fully healthy. Injury had held him back a bit.

What about Milano and his position? And the Center position? 

Croom is a big dude and physically more fit to play the TE role. I am surprised how Oleary has fallen, i thought that he would continue to step up ever since he was put on the p-squad a couple of years ago. I guess he isn't the guy he was in college. How many TE are expected to be kept 3 or 4? If so Clay, Croom, and Thomas would be my guess for the 3 spots with Lee and Oleary fighting it out for the 4th.

Archived