Training Camp Thread

Billsfaninptown

6 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I'm getting serious flashbacks of EJ and Kevin Kolb slipping on that mat and ending his career.

Throw Peterman to the wolves, don't push Allen out there just because he's the last one standing.

Ej couldn’t hold Josh’s jock though in terms of upside. So we have to use that as some sort of positive haha

4 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Ej couldn’t hold Josh’s jock though in terms of upside. So we have to use that as some sort of positive haha

Comparing Josh Allen to a bust right off the hop was silly. I get we've been shamed by QB play but the Josh Allen pessimism was unwarranted imo. 

I think at this point the absolute worst case is Blake Bortles with ultimate ceiling being Ben Roethlisberger 

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Comparing Josh Allen to a bust right off the hop was silly. I get we've been shamed by QB play but the Josh Allen pessimism was unwarranted imo. 

I think at this point the absolute worst case is Blake Bortles with ultimate ceiling being Ben Roethlisberger 

Let’s just be patient. His overall body of work hadn’t surpassed Peterman IMO. 

2 interesting side notes. Before the draft Sal or Chris Brown listed two players with near identical bodies of work and skills in college. One was Allen. The other J. P. How did that work out. Secondly an NFL study showed players hit their ceiling in college not once they enter NFL. Hope he bucks the sabermetrics

11 minutes ago, Hootlander1 said:

2 interesting side notes. Before the draft Sal or Chris Brown listed two players with near identical bodies of work and skills in college. One was Allen. The other J. P. How did that work out. Secondly an NFL study showed players hit their ceiling in college not once they enter NFL. Hope he bucks the sabermetrics

At this point just punt body of work in comparison bro. It doesn't carry much weight because Peterman obviously projects as a back up at best.

Patience is key though, but all signs are projecting upwards right now. I'm excited about this kid 

15 minutes ago, Hootlander1 said:

One thing that I noticed compared to Peterman and Mccarron was that Allen doesnt take his time holding the ball he trusts his receivers to be where they need to be and he rifles it there. Peterman releases the ball faster then AJ but not as strong as Allen. These things come in to play especially with a shaky offensive line. Peterman seems to have trouble getting out of things and last night he struggled at times with the 3rd string offense. He had that wide open touchdown pass and relied on Oleary which is great but I do not see peterman as a starter in the league. His time to get the ball to the wr is a lot slower which leads to interceptions. As I said if it wasn't for the 3rd string defense Peterman would have had 2 picks last night. Comparing Jp Kizer EJ to Josh is not something that should be said. Josh may have some time to work on stuff like accuracy but his vision on the field, his mental toughness, arm strength and mobility is well above what those 3 guys had. I wasnt a fan of drafting him and still skeptical but he has proven to get 1st team reps with his performance. He will have growing pains like most young qbs but I do not expect him to be of those 3 standards. Hes picking up the play book faster then the coaches expected. His teammates have been rallying around him and he has sparked that offense when AJ couldnt get it done. Starting next game and playing a qtr or 2 would be ideal to see what he is capable of doing and if he performs like he has the past 2 games he should start week 1. His awareness to move around like he did on 3rd and goal proves he is up for the challenge as i believe peterman would have either got hit or sacked on that play as he has shown in the past.

Archived