Training Camp Thread

Billsfaninptown

On 8/18/2018 at 4:14 PM, candyman93 said:

I think Allen will be incredibly successful in Buffalo, but he’s going to need better receivers. However, the kid has talent and I think he will be a franchise QB for you.

I don't see this to be necessary... We need either Zay Jones or Corey Coleman to break out...  If either of them break out I'd be happy with them, Benjamin and Kerley in the slot. Obviously it's a need now but there is pretty good potential.

15 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

I don't see this to be necessary... We need either Zay Jones or Corey Coleman to break out...  If either of them break out I'd be happy with them, Benjamin and Kerley in the slot. Obviously it's a need now but there is pretty good potential.

I agree everyone wants to bash the WR corps yet not give them the opportunity to see what they can do. Zay Jones had a solid college career and we all know what Tyrod (tuh-rod) is capable of doing and we saw that on Friday night with the browns. Im not completely blaming tyrod for the wr issues but it is no surprise that the wrs he had while in buffalo had career years on their new teams (Woods and Goodwin). Plus getting Streater back who was a solid contributor in camp last year. I also am impressed with Ray Ray Mcloud. All in all I dont see the WR position in a bad place 1. Kbenji 2. Kerley 3. Zay 4. Streater 5. Holmes 6. Ray Ray 7. Coleman (no particular order). I think the biggest concern the bills have is the oline. With Peterman and AJ tending to be less mobil then Allen and their arm strength when firing it to the wr are lacking which cause turnovers or sacks Allen has been able to make up for it. I do not expect him to carry a bills squad right now but I think with veteran guys in kbenji kerley and clay he can count on them to do the work along with a running game in shady/ivory/murphy, he can be a game manager and count on the run and defense. 

On another note I am also worried about the LBs outside of Edmunds who finally came around on the 2nd drive of browns game they were nonexistent. The bills are going to need to upgrade both sides as Milano is struggling and Alexander is getting up there in age.

I heard a rumor that the bills could be looking to shop Charles Clay if true what would be a realistic price for him a 4th rd? His contract isn't much as the bills will be eating his guarantees and will only cost a new team 4.5 mil this year and 4.5 mil next year. This also means if true they are confident in Oleary, Croom, Thomas, and Lee.

Wow offense, defense, and special teams look awful. Only way our defense is getting stops is because of penalties and drops. The o line is a tire fire. Hard to judge Allen when he’s not getting any time. And lastly Colton Schmidt is terrible. Time to give him Jon Ryan a chance.

Early reaction to bills bengals game. Vontae Davis is slow as crap I have seen a few videos of Coleman in practice beating him out and then he got smoked with John Ross.

Oline is putrid I am not sure what they are going to do but Ducasse, Groy and Bodine have been god awful this preseason.

Milano has struggled I am not sold on the LB help

Charles Clay is out there acting as if he doesnt want to get hurt so why bother having him out there?

Allen's arm is impressive the first pass to clay should have been caught the underthrow ball was on him and he tried to make up for on the next play to throw to hard. His escapability has been some what good and I think with this oline Peterman or Aj will get crushed however is it worth risking Allen by him being the starter week 1 with this awful oline? He has no chance of throwing. Marcus Murphy and Ivory seem to have been good so far.

Run defense has stepped up and shut mixon down.

Archived