Training Camp Thread

Billsfaninptown

18 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Peterman with a dart to Reilly.

I'm impressed with this kid. 0 complaints with him going week 1

It was the one guy I didn't want to win job entering camp cause I know everyone would laugh at it but he has earned the job. 

45 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Let's take this into consideration as well. What if Peterman starts and flourishes? We'll be sitting on a Kirk Cousins, Jimmy Garopollo who could fetch us an early draft pick.

Off course this is a big if but why not roll with Peterman

Peterman played with the 1s in Week 1 of preseason and has played with the 2s and 3s i think he is being overhyped with his stats. Like last week this week he starred down Oleary for a weak pass and again the DB dropped an easy pick that looked like he had the entire field open to take it to the house. Back to back weeks he has shown he is capable of beating backups who likely wont make the squad but if hes facing #1 defenses those DBs will not be dropping those balls. I hope im wrong and he is good but I am not buy him being any good. I think he will start week 1 simply to protect Allen from getting injured or losing confidence because of this god awful oline. They better start searching for trade partners or something cause ducasse, groy, bodine, and miller should not be out there as starters.

5 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Peterman played with the 1s in Week 1 of preseason and has played with the 2s and 3s i think he is being overhyped with his stats. Like last week this week he starred down Oleary for a weak pass and again the DB dropped an easy pick that looked like he had the entire field open to take it to the house. Back to back weeks he has shown he is capable of beating backups who likely wont make the squad but if hes facing #1 defenses those DBs will not be dropping those balls. I hope im wrong and he is good but I am not buy him being any good. I think he will start week 1 simply to protect Allen from getting injured or losing confidence because of this god awful oline. They better start searching for trade partners or something cause ducasse, groy, bodine, and miller should not be out there as starters.

This. Peterman has done all of this vs. backups or with the 1's on teams who have NOT gameplanned. I think Peterman can still be a solid backup QB, but it looks like any Garopolo or Cousins comparisons are pretty big stretches. Also, given our O-line, I'd honestly like to see us start AJ, because Peterman's value as a backup at that rookie contract is still a good bargain. In other words, I'd like both of our youngin's to avoid learning bad habits or get killed behind that line. AJ is more expendable IMO.

3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Is it me or did clay look like he didnt want to be out there? I understand it is preseason but I felt like Thomas and Croom have been playing better then him 

Somewhere I thought I saw an interview where McDermott said he wanted guys who were "all in" and that the rest would eventually be off the team. Actually, he said that process had already started last year. My gut tells me Clay is on that list, but that they were concerned about replacing him and now it is a lot easier to swallow that pill since Croom has really developed into a receiving threat. I'm biased regarding Thomas at TE, because I wanted to draft him for that back then, so I probably can't give a realistic evaluation of his play at the position at this time. I like him there, but will admit he hasn't polished his game as much as I had hoped.

43 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

This. Peterman has done all of this vs. backups or with the 1's on teams who have NOT gameplanned. I think Peterman can still be a solid backup QB, but it looks like any Garopolo or Cousins comparisons are pretty big stretches. Also, given our O-line, I'd honestly like to see us start AJ, because Peterman's value as a backup at that rookie contract is still a good bargain. In other words, I'd like both of our youngin's to avoid learning bad habits or get killed behind that line. AJ is more expendable IMO.

Coming out of college I thought that Peterman and Cousins were extremely similar prospects... Heck everyone hated Cousins as well until he proved all the doubters wrong with his play on the field. Obviously Nate has work to do to get to Kirk's level but I think that is a good comparison when you look at both players as a prospect

Thing is regardless of who he was playing against, Peterman was throwing darts in tight windows. I seen a few perfectly placed throws with zip on them today and improved foot work

Right now, I'd like to see Peterman start. I think we'll have a better idea of what we have with no organizational pressure if he fails. Either way it'll be interesting to see 

45 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

Somewhere I thought I saw an interview where McDermott said he wanted guys who were "all in" and that the rest would eventually be off the team. Actually, he said that process had already started last year. My gut tells me Clay is on that list, but that they were concerned about replacing him and now it is a lot easier to swallow that pill since Croom has really developed into a receiving threat. I'm biased regarding Thomas at TE, because I wanted to draft him for that back then, so I probably can't give a realistic evaluation of his play at the position at this time. I like him there, but will admit he hasn't polished his game as much as I had hoped.

Clay has to fix his dropsie problem. Croom is making an excellent case so far 

4 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Coming out of college I thought that Peterman and Cousins were extremely similar prospects... Heck everyone hated Cousins as well until he proved all the doubters wrong with his play on the field. Obviously Nate has work to do to get to Kirk's level but I think that is a good comparison when you look at both players as a prospect

If you dig through the old posts, you will see that I was calling for Peterman before we actually drafted him. I want him to succeed. Compared to Cousins, I think Peterman's arm is noticeably weaker and that will lead to INT's. My $0.02.

6 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

If you dig through the old posts, you will see that I was calling for Peterman before we actually drafted him. I want him to succeed. Compared to Cousins, I think Peterman's arm is noticeably weaker and that will lead to INT's. My $0.02.

I don't think that Peterman's arm is as bad as people think. He throws some darts sometimes. That pass to Brandon Reilly today is a good example. He is no Josh Allen but I would say that Nate's arm is between Kirk Cousins and Andy Dalton's. 

Archived